• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all another day, another airport.

For those of you who follow me on Twitter, prepare for rants. So far a certain orange company’s poor app and website design meant I couldn’t confirm the correct outbound flight had been booked after selecting it. (Wrong day)
    Then they allowed me to change but only at a cost of £32. Then they cancelled the car reservation. Then they implied that I hadn’t paid for hold luggage when I had, so I paid for it a second time. Yes, I booked it late at night in a hurry, but the experience was chronic
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Misty.

Dank.

Very High Tide.

Graving dock fuller than I've seen it before & it's actually gone down a bit judging by the tide mark.

Currently dry, murrain of beasts booked for 16:00 as I stagger back to the bus stop, drenched with horizontal rain and blown into the carriageway to be run over by passing oik.

Windy, with windier forecast.

Ho hum.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The seagull has deigned to visit me on this side of the building:

Comment

It's nice to have a friend.

Sun's out. <- Not that one needs these since it's as wan as a wan thing that's wanner than the other wan thing.

<hiatus>

Excitement over, it's disappeared into the murk again.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2018, 08:44.

Comment

Clouding over a little here too

Suppose I’d better head off to the conference

Comment

Bit of sun and a bit of cloud here in Manc Land.

Apparently a few of the people here are planning to go the xmas markets at lunch time....

I am not sure I can face it - however if i do go now it means I probably won't need to go nearer xmas when it will be much busier and therefore much more horrible.

Or I could just not go at all.

Baa humbug and thank crunchie it's Friday

Comment

Raining.

In my existential tedium, I've been downloading ancient copies of Wireless World (most of which I already possess, but they're down in the garage), and I found a design for a MSF 60kHz receiver that I don't think I've tried before.

After much faffing around and a reasonable amount of redesign* I've got the thing to work.

for me.

*i.e. cobbling together various ideas I've had over the last couple of years or so and randomly joining them together.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Raining.

In my existential tedium, I've been downloading ancient copies of Wireless World (most of which I already possess, but they're down in the garage), and I found a design for a MSF 60kHz receiver that I don't think I've tried before.

After much faffing around and a reasonable amount of redesign* I've got the thing to work.

for me.

*i.e. cobbling together various ideas I've had over the last couple of years or so and randomly joining them together.

Comment

The endless PC bulltulipe continues apace, this time it's the "Green Dragon Environmental Survey" bollox.

Roll on July.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Raining.
                      There’s a severe weather warning for rain and wind in your neck of the woods this afternoon/evening

Comment

Working...
                      X