• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There’s a severe weather warning for rain and wind in your neck of the woods this afternoon/evening
    Yes.

I noticed that, hence the dire predictions above.

There's flooding in Pembroke already.

I expect to Get Very Wet on the trudge home this evening.

138 days left.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Choppy flight, but Sleazy managed to get me here within a reasonable concept of “on time”.
      It’s windy, grey and miserable... but enough about my dad, the weather isn’t much better.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walked back to the hotel during lunch break. I might try my other shoes; my ankles are complaining about the ones I wore this morning

Comment

In my existential tedium, I've been downloading ancient copies of Wireless World (most of which I already possess, but they're down in the garage), and I found a design for a MSF 60kHz receiver that I don't think I've tried before.
          Used to like electronics as a hobby, keep meaning to have another go. Not so easy now Maplin's gone.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Walked back to the hotel during lunch break. I might try my other shoes; my ankles are complaining about the ones I wore this morning
            Back at the venue: no ankle pain, and shaved ~10 minutes off my time this morning. Looks like I’m no longer capable of walking a mile in trainers

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I found a design for a MSF 60kHz receiver that I don't think I've tried before.

After much faffing around and a reasonable amount of redesign* I've got the thing to work.
              For a while.

Now the monsoon & murrain of beasts has set in, it stopped working.

Ho hum.

Stone me, it's howling well out there now.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2018, 15:08.

Comment

Afternoon all.

By turns sunny and then grey, wet and windy here. Glad to be WFH and not in not-so-sunny Manchester.

Comment

Blowing a hooley here, been out to get provisions and now that might be me settling down for the evening.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ice cream!

Comment

I was right.

Soaked.

Nevertheless M&S visited on the way home & further supplies of M&S breaded chunky haddock etc. followed by a visit to Morrisons for more comestibles.

Tea, poshly but equally unusually, was M&S breaded chunky haddock, followed by stewed blackberries and custard.

The trip home was on a T6 with a grumpy driver who took surreptitious puffs on his vape.

It's very wet and very windy, though it must be said that the docks road was the windiest so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X