• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more of that damned honeysuckle heaped up in a prosepective bonfire.

The bedding wash is completed, and after hanging on the line for a couple of hours, is now in the drier.

It's as grey as a grey thing at the moment, with the odd drop of rain detected.

I appear to be completely out of liver, though the freezer seems half full of bacon.

So there's some very ancient M&S smoked haddock that's about to be incorporated into a kedgeree.

Or at least it will be once I've done the amateur arsonist thing again.

Maybe I'll wait for dark & pretend it's a November 5th type bonfire.

<hiatus>

Bonfire bonfired.

no Guy.

Pouring with rain now.

This evening's first feature shall be "MI IV", which I acquired today, along with the bluray of "MI V" whch won't be the 2nd feature.

Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (2011) - IMDb

I'm rather tempted by the 1950s version of "3 men in a boat".

Three Men in a Boat (1956) - IMDb
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 November 2018, 18:10.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Maybe I'll wait for dark & pretend it's a November 5th type bonfire.

<hiatus>

Bonfire bonfired.

no Guy.

Lots of people around here seem to have faulty calendars and are letting off fireworks, despite there being two days until burn-the-terrorist day

Comment

About time I headed down to the Chinese

Comment

Darn it! Meant to go to village fireworks but only remembered when it was too late!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              And very nice it was

Tonight's conjecture to explain not being very busy: "fireworks"

Comment

As predicted, this evening's epic was "MI IV", but rather than "Three men in a boat(1956)" I watched this evening's ScandiNoir "Beck".

It was ok, but I don't think I'll bother next week.

TFBSZ.

And it's blowing a gale & pissing down.

The weather's unborked itself.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's double bill opened with Ocean's Twelve (2004), being the one after the previous one. Apparently some critics have described it as lazy, self-satisfied, and illogical; others called it smug. I see no reason to disagree with any of these people. It's fairly entertaining, but definitely a triumph of style over substance.

This was followed by Scorched Earth (2018), a vehicle for MMA fighter turned actress Gina Carano. Set in a post-apocalyptic blah blah, it's basically a Western in most respects. There's some good bits, but it's pretty formulaic overall. Not bad, but nothing to write home about.

And another bit of The West Wing got through after those.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    And it's blowing a gale & pissing down.

The weather's unborked itself.
                    Very windy here too this evening, though the cloud is keeping it from getting too cold. No rain yet, but it's due…

Comment

Morning all a bit overcast today.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X