• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the translation!

Anyway it's quite warm in Manchester today

think it's overcast but still dark so cannot tell.

Happy Mondays!

Comment

Dry.

Misty.

Grey.

Dawn's rosy fingers appear to have disappeared into the murk over Margam.

Pleasantly uncold.

Fecking Monday all over again again.

Where's the gun oil?
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
        The sun is starting to burn through the fog here
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          their arses are safe from alligators at present then?

watching guy martin on CH4 - my kind of nutter
          the fastest van in the world? - heee
          Watched that as well. Loved the matter of fact way he just says they are going to rip out a 3.5 ltr twin turbo V6 engine from the front of the van and put it in the middle. No worries.

Also enjoyed the clips of idiots in their family hatchbacks gettting it wrong and flipping them into the armco.
          Last edited by DaveB; 5 November 2018, 09:20.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Watched that as well. Loved the mater of fact way he just says they are going to rip out a 3.5 ltr twin turbo V6 engine from the front of the van and put it in the middle. No worries.

Also enjoyed the clips of idiots in their family hatchbacks gettting it wrong and flipping them into the armco.
            Got a way to go yet...

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out again

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Smoked pancetta omelette for lunch, and very nice it was

Comment

1 hr 55 mins to go.

Not that I'm clock watching of course.

I'm glad to say that I've finished watching the MI series of kinema epics.

Towards the end I found that I was talking to myself (not unusual) saying "get on with it ffs" as each extra hurdle was reached & time was taken to overcome it.

Though I suppose that breaking off MI IV to watch "Beck" (which was even more "get on with it ffs") and the "Doctor Who?" (ditto & almost equally as tedious as "Beck") intermission for MI V didn't exactly help a lot.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 November 2018, 14:39.

Comment

15.5 deg in here, 10.6 min in the laundry room, currently 13 deg.

Caught the X55 which was quite quick this evening.

Could have got the X5 but I don't know if that goes around the houses or not.

Tea is more of that roast beef from yesterday, followed by a Morrisons syrup pudding with custard.

Yum.

<hiatus>

This evening's first feature was "The Commuter" with Liam Neeson.

It was ok but I'm not sure it was worth the £5 really.

The Commuter (2018) - IMDb

Followed by "3 men in a boat".
                      It's incredibly unfunny.

1956 must have been a bad year.

Three Men in a Boat (1956) - IMDb

Dear Deity.

Quite how you ruin such a funny book is quite beyond me.

Terminated after 45 minutes.

More is beyond any sensible endurance.

Now watching that portentous welsh twat on the BBC News at 10.

Originally posted by From the Reviews
                      The film is a very slight comedy involving three male friends who decide to spend their holiday punting down the Thames (for non-Brits, this is 'boating down river').

They are definitely roughing it--camping out and cooking in the great (and often wet) outdoors.

Such a vacation seems completely miserable but the three have some adventures (and, now that I think about it, this is practically the same plot as "Deliverance").
                      Stone me, I hadn't made that connection.

I must have switched it off before someone got buggered.

Although it only runs to 84 minutes it took me five sittings to get through it.
                      I could barely tolerate watching twenty minutes at a time.

I persevered because…well, look at the cast, surely they would deliver something funny eventually; perhaps the finale would be hilarious.
                      ^WHS

As someone observed, the dog was the best actor by a long shot.

Interesting to see all those ladies at the beginning of their careers.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 November 2018, 08:16.

Comment

Working...
                      X