• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All day I've been singing to myself "Hey Mr Trampoline man sing a song for me".

Dunno why.

This evening's first feature after tea (aka dinner) which comprised a singularly tasteless can of Heinz "we can make it even less interesting than it used to be" vegetable soup, was "Bad Ass" with Danny Trejo and Charles S. Dutton, with Ron Perlman.

Bad Ass (2012) - IMDb

It was rather good in a wildly psychotic sort of way.

Followed by the deeply strange "The Carrier" with Jon Cusack, Rebecca Da Costa and Bob De Niro.

The Carrier (2014) - IMDb

It was deeply odd, and is aka "The Bag Man".

^^^^ I just posted this 3 times and it didn't complain once. I deleted the dupes.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 December 2018, 21:08.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      And very nice it was

Still would-be-grey-if-it-wasn't-black outside, and a general dampness pervades the atmosphere. It'll rain in a bit, apparently

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        And very nice it was

Still would-be-grey-if-it-wasn't-black outside, and a general dampness pervades the atmosphere. It'll rain in a bit, apparently
        It's stopped drizzling.

Now it's pissing down.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          It's stopped drizzling.

Now it's pissing down.
          It did that here for a while too

Tonight's opening feature was The Informant (2013), based on the true story of a Frenchman living in Gibraltar who got dragged into a bunch of drug-smuggling bulltulip by French Customs. It was good, but it's not an action-adventure movie by any stretch; pretty sombre, really. But worth a watch if you're interested in seeing people being totally screwed over by the powers that be that they tried to assist

Being in need of a little light relief after that, I turned to Ocean's Thirteen (2007), which was much better than the wretched Ocean's Twelve that I endured a few months ago. There were a few bits that didn't quite make sense at the end, but I'm willing to accept that that's probably my problem and will all be sorted out with a rewatch to catch the bits I missed, whereas the previous one was just rubbish

And being in need of a little winding down after the excitement of that, I imbibed a couple more episodes of The West Wing. We're close to the point of Sam Seaborne sodding off now, when we can stop pretending the whole thing was supposed to be about him

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Very grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Unseasonably warm. 15.3 deg in here and 12.7 deg in the laundry room with a min of 9.9.

And it's Sunday.

Impressive that the Virgin crap next door gives 5 bars through 2 brick walls. With that sort of output you could cook chickens.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 December 2018, 10:08.

Comment

Mornings need to get up and retrieve the car from where it was abandoned last night.

And the do the shopping.

Comment

Afternoon.

Has NF arisen yet?

Sunday Lunch (aka Sunday dinner) cooked and eaten.

Beef this week from my new irregular butcher.

Irregular because I keep on buying reduced beef & lamb from Morrisons.

It was very nice.

Then, after washing the dishes, I listened to the thing about George H. W. on R4 whilst vaccing the ground floor of this slum.

This week's pot of lentil <pffffft> soup simmered on the hob whilst the beef was aroasting.

A trip down to Morrisons for comestibles yielded an egg custard pie (reduced) and a bottle of port (tawny) amongst other things.

Still haven't seen "Death Wish" reduced to a price I'm prepared to pay.

The lights flickered quite dramatically last night at about 22:00 ish, as they are prone to do rather less dramatically from about 20:00 on, in a fitful sort of way.

I'd ascribed it to tap changing on the substation, but Western Distribution are out there digging up the road and someone's garden a bit further up.

Minidigger and traffic lights too so they're not messing about.

In a little while, once I've cooled down from the unseasonably warm trek to Morrisons, I shall vac the stairs and the first* floor.

And once that's done, I'm a free man, free I tells you free.

I think I'll have a very damp & smoky bonfire just to celebrate like.

*For the Septics amongst us, that's wot you lot call the 2nd floor for some strange reason.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, except for a patch of blue to the west that's been letting a little afternoon sunshine in

Fairly mild too.

Comment

Back from posting sabbatical.

Finished both series of Fauda on Netflix.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Back from posting sabbatical.

Finished both series of Fauda on Netflix.

Comment

Working...
                      X