• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    In other news, for those who don't frequent their forums, I resigned as an IPSE director today.

Not going into details here, but it does mean I can behave as badly as I want at the CUK Christmas party (and other social occasions!)
    Can't say I'd ever noticed you moderating your behaviour because of it previously

Hopefully you can spill all the gory details then

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Particularly true of the Chinese up the road, which until recently still had the pictures put up by the previous owners who sold Italian stuff.

Comment

Blast from the past for tea tonight: roast breast of lamb, with chips and beans

We used to have that occasionally for tea when I was a kid, and it's been a good few years since I had it as the cut fell out of fashion and vanished from the shops. I'll be visiting that butcher in the market again, as it was very tasty

It has to be roasted slowly to reduce the large amount of fat, though it still remains quite fatty even then. I seem to have got it just right today: one of the ribs slid out as I was lifting it out of the roasting tin, so not so much falling off the bone as the bones falling off it

Comment

Tonight's opening feature was what was described as the "2003 Special Edition" of Alien³ (1992). It was at least the version of said Special Edition where they'd taken the trouble to fix the sound, but the sad fact remains that it just isn't a very good film, extended or not. As Sam Goldwyn is reputed to have said of something else, "It has the mucus of a good story" but it doesn't really work

To follow, one of those films I probably should have seen, but hadn't until now: Léon (1994), being the Director's Cut or "version integrale". Now this is more like it; clearly a cracking film in the first place and, looking at what the extra stuff in this version is, it just adds to an already excellent story

Highly recommended

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight's opening feature was what was described as the "2003 Special Edition" of Alien³ (1992). It was at least the version of said Special Edition where they'd taken the trouble to fix the sound, but the sad fact remains that it just isn't a very good film, extended or not. As Sam Goldwyn is reputed to have said of something else, "It has the mucus of a good story" but it doesn't really work

To follow, one of those films I probably should have seen, but hadn't until now: Léon (1994), being the Director's Cut or "version integrale". Now this is more like it; clearly a cracking film in the first place and, looking at what the extra stuff in this version is, it just adds to an already excellent story

Highly recommended

Goodnight all
            Yes, Leon is an excellent film,, though there are bits that I find it difficult to watch.

Love the bit at the end where she plants the plant.

Fecking sight better than that load of tosh I watched last night.

Morning.

Warmish.

Drizzlyish.

Apparently them next door are having NTL Beardy ****'s Virgin install the telephone line some time this morning.

They'd better turn up quick coz I'm off out shopping shortly.

14.2 deg in here, 9.9 in the laundry room with a min of 8.8.

With added drizzle & a complaining cat.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 December 2018, 08:37.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey sort of a day out there

This evening's epic was "Duplicity" with Clive Owen and Julia Roberts.

Duplicity (2009) - IMDb

I found it irritatingly tedious.
              Fecking sight better than that load of tosh I watched last night.
              I've got that. Might shove it further down the list, if I ever make an actual list

Comment

as predicted earlier I'm now several hundred £ poorer than I was, though lunch (aka dinner) only cost £35 since it was only me & my nephew.

How he can eat stuff that's practically blue is beyond me.

On top of that was £100 birthday present delayed from July and having taken drink I then proceeded to go shopping in M&S & bought some new jeans.

They're nowhere near as good as the ones they used to sell at £9 back in the day.

Those were cut for men rather than boys.

Plus a couple of books from "The Works" remainder outlet, Pink Floyd in 100 objects, yet another book on Enigma, and sommat else, oh yes, another book about the periodic table.

It's been thoroughly miserable here all day & I've got wet every time I've gone to town (3 times so far).

I had a couple of keys cut for the back door since the existing spares are now somewhere so safe that they'll never be seen again.

The first attempt produced one key that wouldn't go in the lock, and another key that would open & close the lock from outside but only close the lock from inside.

The 2nd attempt was better & after a deft bit of filing both keys work inside & out.

for me.

Only cost £12 for the two keys.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

as predicted earlier I'm now several hundred £ poorer than I was, though lunch (aka dinner) only cost £35 since it was only me & my nephew.

How he can eat stuff that's practically blue is beyond me.

On top of that was £100 birthday present delayed from July and having taken drink I then proceeded to go shopping in M&S & bought some new jeans.

They're nowhere near as good as the ones they used to sell at £9 back in the day.

Those were cut for men rather than boys.

Plus a couple of books from "The Works" remainder outlet, Pink Floyd in 100 objects, yet another book on Enigma, and sommat else, oh yes, another book about the periodic table.

It's been thoroughly miserable here all day & I've got wet every time I've gone to town (3 times so far).

I had a couple of keys cut for the back door since the existing spares are now somewhere so safe that they'll never be seen again.

The first attempt produced one key that wouldn't go in the lock, and another key that would open & close the lock from outside but only close the lock from inside.

The 2nd attempt was better & after a deft bit of filing both keys work inside & out.

for me.

Only cost £12 for the two keys.
                  Busy day

I've done nothing at all. I haven't even been downstairs to see if there's any post yet

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Outside a chinese <delivery>

Comment

Working...
                      X