• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's not a good look. Tend to find that people who make themselves up that way have more issues than Beano
    Apparently the Beano published its four thousandth issue on 28th August this year, so that’s more than 4,013

Comment

I'm tempted to sign up for the Beano. Bring back the good old days.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The TD is still doing its thing.

Feck me it's taking forever today.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Seems to be going downhill here. Crime was fairly rare in my rural village but been quite a few burglaries recently. Yet another outbuilding been broken into yesterday. If someone broke into my shed and stole my boxes of old rusty screws I'd be heartbroken.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to break into next door's shed and nick that fecking lawn mower I paid £220 for.

One careful owner () used 3 times over the summer.

No longer required.

I wonder if it would fit in my shed.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              I suppose it's just cos I'm an old fart but I hate the look of young women these days. So many look like this:

Hairdresser's terror as she hid in public toilets from man who kept asking for sex - Derbyshire Live

PS Not sure how I came upon that article, maybe because I spend my day Googling "Derbyshire toilets"

Ghastly experience earlier, was doing volunteering clearing up some woods and realised when driving home that I didn't have my wallet. Went back to where I'd parked and found it lying on the verge fortunately.
              My daughter does that look. She is so pretty but makes herself up to look hideous.

Hopefully it will keep the boys away.....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Good job it’s not London Bridge! Or was that you there earlier…
                If I was there I would wee myself and run off.

Mrs-bps cousin was very close. Saw the guy get shot.

Any other day of the week I would have cycled through there.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Apparently the Beano published its four thousandth issue on 28th August this year, so that’s more than 4,013
                  I have way more than 4013 issues! And probably more than 4013 ex-wives!

Do I have to make myself up like that? Maybe LM and CM can bring their make up bags on the 13th. I suppose it won't matter what I look like when handcuffed and thrown in the canal....

Comment

Lovely tea of ribeye steak, chips, fried onion, and beans

It’s getting chilly out there tonight - down to 1°C already

Comment

Tea this evening was M&S battered cod (chunky).

It was nice enough and enhanced with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

The evening's entertainment began with Angel S3 E14, followed by BTVS S6 E15 wherein Riley returns briefly, then Angel S3 E15.

Currently "watching" "Nazi Secret Bases" on Yesterday but it's incredibly irritating with the V1 being described as a "rocket" when it's a fecking cruise missile, doodlebug or buzz bomb and the V2 shown flying horizontally through clouds on its way to London.

Apparently the V2 was so much more effective than the V1 with a 2000lb payload (910kg explosive) against that of the V1 which, by contrast, was the much smaller 2000lb payload (875kg explosive).

Apparently the V1 killed more people because it exploded at the surface rather than buried in the ground like a V2 payload.

The V1 cost the equivalent of £125.

The V2 cost the equivalent of £12,000.

Now watching "The Day They Dropped The Bomb", this being August 6th 1945.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 November 2019, 21:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X