• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    We’re still getting the occasional shower, but it seems they’ll taper off and tomorrow will be dry. So I’ll leave the shopping until then.
    Now they’re saying it’ll be icy tomorrow morning. Can’t win

Comment

For tea tonight, I was going to have some chicken casserole that’s been lurking in the freezer since August. First I stuck some potato wedges in the oven to have with it. But then when I went to get it out, I realised I’d forgotten it already had spuds in it

So I had chicken in red wine from September instead, with the aforementioned wedges and petits pois

Comment

Looking at the weather map, it seems the rain has settled in over Cardiff, presumably due to the good DrS being over there this evening

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          A wet afternoon & evening in Cardiff.

I can hardly wait.
          Turned out ok in the end: the rain never arrived so I could have worn the leather jacket instead of the wax jacket but there you go.

Pissed now.

Now watching BTVS "Older and Far Away" being S6 E14 where they get trapped in Buffy's house with a demon in a shiny sword.

Looking at the weather map, it seems the rain has settled in over Cardiff, presumably due to the good DrS being over there this evening

It drizzled a bit at about 17:00ish but I was in Wetherspoons by then having a swift pint, it being a convenient spot to meet DrS Sorror when necessary, as it's one of the few places in Cardiff I can still find since they seem to have knocked most of it down since the 1980s which I find slightly confusing.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2019, 22:15.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Been a busy day today and now I'm in Glasgow!

Skiving off tomorrow. Nice lunch and then Freelance Friday at Citizen M.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Been a busy day today and now I'm in Glasgow!

Skiving off tomorrow. Nice lunch and then Freelance Friday at Citizen M.
              Mrs Eek is there now. Due to lack of permie holidays she is sadly working all day in her hotel room and then off to see the Clan play.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Off to Babylon 5 this evening for All Alone in the Night (TV Episode 1995)

And then to somewhere even stranger: France, with a further episode of S4 of Spiral/Engrenages: Episode #4.3 (TV Episode 2012) <- probably a Gauloise

And now an early night, for tomorrow, I shop

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be.

Grey with hints of blue.

Colder.

No current precipitation.

Friday.

Survived the night without much in the way of which was good.

Slight headache.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A middle-aged couple, well wrapped up against the weather, just came shuffling along the pavement then stopped dead

Were they cycling? Have you taken up shooting cyclists too?

Comment

Flying visit. Bar stewards making me work. I suppose I did get paid today.

Comment

Working...
                      X