• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the barber’s, queuing
    Well, that took what seemed like an age

Probably not that long really, and at least the queue I left behind after me was longer than the one that had been before me when I arrived

First haircut since the Thursday before the CUK Christmas Do, so a good three months

Once that was done I went and did the shopping. M&S have introduced some new sausages to their premium range, so I’ll be experimenting with them over the coming days.

And Sainsbury’s was completely bereft of bog roll. Good job I got a normal amount last week.

Also in short supply were tissues except for the ones I normally buy, of which there were plenty, and liquid soaps, except for some branded ones that looked and hopefully smell much nicer than the own brand ones. Anyway, I’m nearly out so again I grabbed as much as I required and no more.

And people don’t seem to have realised yet that they should also be stocking up on beer, wine, and ice cream so there was plenty of those essentials

Now to have lunch and marvel at how much better I feel today than I have up to now this week, then slump around teatime because I’ve overstretched myself rather than recuperating properly

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Back from the hospital visit, the results of which are that I need to go to a different hospital for a DCBCT Scan.
      There's a dark patch on the current scan which shouldn't be there, but because of how the initial scan was done, they aren't certain what the patch is. (The first scan was just a standard dental scan to check my teeth, but they spotted this patch, hence the referral)
      Best case is it's a gap in my jaw.
      Worst case is it's a growth that will eventually put pressure on my teeth, forcing them forward.
      Good luck! Always interesting to have a new medical procedure performed on one, I feel; so much more immersive an experience than watching it on the telly

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Bought some "Soreen".

Though half of it seems to have disappeared already.
        I keep forgetting it but one of these days I’ll spot it as I make my way round Sainsbury’s and my fate will be sealed

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Ah, spring. The birds are singing, the days are lengthening and a young man's fancy turns to getting a new contract.

Which is just as well, because several have appeared today on the job boards.

Comment

Ah, spring. The birds are singing, the days are lengthening and a young man's fancy turns to getting a new contract.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

In other news my parents are currently on week 1 of a 6 week set of cruises.

Or they were until the cruise company announced they are stopping all cruises for the next 60 days starting now.

I suspect they will be back this weekend
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Which reminds me... yesterday I had a call from an agent I've never worked through before, but who have my details on file.
                They asked if I was available, I said no. I said I could see if I knew anyone else who was available - no intention of giving them names, just trying to work out who was recruiting that wasn't using the normal agencies.
                Then they tell me it's in France. I ask where. They mention a city. I reply with "Do you mean there, or do you mean town xxx not far from there?"
                Silence. Then "oh no, not there, it's out in the countryside from there"

What I wanted to reply with "oh yes, that's the role I suggested they needed, wrote the description for, and told them which agents to use for it, would you like more details?"

But no, I said thanks and hung up.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Or they were until the cruise company announced they are stopping all cruises for the next 60 days starting now.

Disappointing for them, but they’re probably better off at home than in a virus-laden floating death box

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

If they're allowed to disembark...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      If they're allowed to disembark...
                      They won't getting off that floating petri dish for a few weeks at best.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X