• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched episodes 4 and 5 of The Troubles. Followed by some light relief provided by Only Connect.

Now watching the final of the Great British Bake Off. The only episode I've remembered to watch live.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Goodness me, you mean BTVS isn't a documentary?

Well there's a thing.

Now watching Doctor Pimple Popper which is obviously fiction.

No one would actually extract his very own lipoma in his very own leg with a stanley knife.

First up is a lady with a gigantic lipoma on the back of her neck.

Plainly fictional.

Stone me, that's a whopper!

Next up, a lady with, apparently, 3 breasts.

One of which is in her armpit.

Stone me, she's marrying into a family that appear to be Cletus' relations.

Gosh. How odd.

Now a lady with hundreds of moles.

Except they're not moles but Seborrheic keratosis.

Gosh.

Now we're on to the nutjob doing his own surgery.

Nice one, he's left a nice dent.

It's on youtube. :rollin.

The Dr is not impressed.

In other news I've just watched crossover BTVS/Angel eps in the wrong order.

Just as well someone's done a reference chart.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 October 2019, 22:47.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Goodness me, you mean BTVS isn't a documentary?

Well there's a thing.

Now watching Doctor Pimple Popper which is obviously fiction.

No one would actually extract his very own lipoma in his very own leg with a stanley knife.

First up is a lady with a gigantic lipoma on the back of her neck.

Plainly fictional.
          My brother had some cyst type thing on his forehead, only a small one. Doctor said the NHS wouldn't remove it cos it wasn't life threatening and not interfering with anything.

However he didn't like having a vestigial twin growing there.

So, yes, he took a scalpel to it and cut it out. Did a good job. Can't tell if he's got a scar or if it's a wrinkle.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            My brother had some cyst type thing on his forehead, only a small one. Doctor said the NHS wouldn't remove it cos it wasn't life threatening and not interfering with anything.

However he didn't like having a vestigial twin growing there.

So, yes, he took a scalpel to it and cut it out. Did a good job. Can't tell if he's got a scar or if it's a wrinkle.

From Monday Links IV back in 2010: Auto-appendectomy in the Antarctic: case report | The BMJ
            Last edited by NickFitz; 29 October 2019, 22:27.

Comment

ahh the mighty mondeo passed its MOT again. Another year of cheap motoring.

Though to be honest I fancy chopping it in for an S type. I'm an old man after all.

steak & widney + chips again. Hours of sql to pass the time

a quick episode of naked attraction boobs & piercings
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Watched the final (sixth) episode of Das Boot. Great stuff, well worth watching.

Apparently the German dialogue is also dubbed, because of the noise made by the gyroscopes used to keep the handheld camera steady. It had to be made specially so it would fit in the narrow confines of the set and be usable when following the actors running from one end of the boat to the other.

Also, all the German actors did their own English dubbing. I suspect it would be pretty tricky to assemble a cast of English actors in their twenties who could all dub their own parts in German

Goodnight all

Comment

morning all

Nice morning, a bit of cloud but bright enough and not too chilly.

Didn't want to get up, like most mornings, as I was all warm and comfy. Sadly have an on site meeting to attend that probably will get cancelled.

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Greyish with white sky again.

Sunless.

Precipitationless.

Warmer at 15.3 deg in here this morning (probably because I had the heating on yesterday morning).

Wednesday apparently, though this becomes ever more uncertain with checking.

Nice night's sleep interrupted at 04:08 by a telephonic device informing me its battery was flat.

Got up, staggered around, eventually plugged the charger into the charging port (easier said than done even when it's not stupid o'clock) and set it charging on the landing.

It beeped at about half 7 to wake me up.

Since return to sleep was not an option at 04:30, I finished the book I was reading, namely "Silicon Civilisation".

Not the finest piece of writing but amusing enough, particularly in regard to the various glaring mistakes, such as klystrons being used in microwave ovens (actually a magnetron is used), no mention of Tommy Flowers re Colossus, which was, allegedly, used to decrypt Enigma rather than Tunny, .
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 October 2019, 08:34.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X