• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    and wholemeal toast

Pali
    Nice pali!

Comment

Roast beef butties (wholemeal) for lunch

Comment

Spag meatballs for lunch with Strangelove Sis in Neath.

They were nice enough.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just set up a new VPN server for myself (using algo) and shut down the one I’ve had running since May 2018. It was still working fine, but I’d never installed the keys for it on my iPad, and now I can’t find them. Easier to chuck it away and start afresh

I also edited the config file before setup to use a nano-sized EC2 instance rather than micro, as that’s more than adequate for a one-person server running a single application. Halves the cost of running it, so saves about $3.50 a month

Comment

^^ Stuff I don't understand*.

And I return from my stagger up the hill to the reservoir.

Shorter today since I've walked to town twice, so missed out the steep climb up to the viewless point.

*Apart from the -$3.50/month.

Comment

Lunch was a carrot and cumin soup made a good while ago and stuffed in the freezer.

Made some croutons from some sourdough that's heading towards the bin soon.

Comment

The wind got up briefly earlier, and for a couple of minutes there was a veritable cascade of golden yellow leaves from the chestnut trees flying past the window

Comment

Another agent just contacted me about a role.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The evening's entertainment in the gathering gloom was S4E1 of BTVS "Freshman", an ep I dislike intensely since it brings back so many memories of LUT back in the day.

How any lecturer could be allowed to talk to a student in that fashion is beyond me.

He certainly couldn't these days.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      The evening's entertainment in the gathering gloom was S4E1 of BTVS "Freshman", an ep I dislike intensely since it brings back so many memories of LUT back in the day.

How any lecturer could be allowed to talk to a student in that fashion is beyond me.

He certainly couldn't these days.
                      maybe he didn't?
                      perhaps it's not actually real <historically or otherwise>?

it's a tv 'drama'? fiction? made up stuff?

just saying, like

Comment

Working...
                      X