• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder of wonders, the magick badge no longer lets me in the labs.

Which it did until I tried to go in the automotive bit & it wouldn't let me.

Very odd.

The reprogramming machine is so complicated we gave up.

The Man Wot Knows will have a go tomorrow.

Ho hum.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

X5 home.

Managed to avoid the rain.

In other other news, next door but one's trampoline got blown onto one of my cars.

Tea, aka dinner, was lentil <pffffft> soup.

This evening's epics have included "Killshot" with Thomas Jane and Mickey Rourke.

Killshot (2008) - IMDb

Followed by the latest ep of TBBT.

Followed by the last half hour of "The Great Train Robbery: A copper's tale".

The Great Train Robbery (TV Mini-Series 2013) - IMDb
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 November 2018, 20:38.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        X5 home.

In other other news, next door but one's trampoline got blown onto one of my cars.
        The Q7 or the lambo??

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          X5 home.

Comment

Been for a little walk. Just three-quarters of a mile or so around the more salubrious parts of the neighbourhood, partly to get away from the computer for a bit, and partly to try out the new shoes I got in town the other day.

Very comfortable, they are

And I visited the Amazon Locker along the way to collect the 8TB USB drive I picked up in Amazon's sale

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              The Q7 or the lambo??
              The Silver Shadow.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Yup. That's the thing.

Comment

steak pie, chips and peas for tonight's repast

Comment

Having hearkened unto the use-by dates on the various Patak's jars in the cupboard, I dined this evening on chicken pasanda, with the usual rice and naan; and very nice it was

Though I clearly don't like pasanda as much as some of the other flavours, given that it was only a month from expiry

And the recycling bin has been trundled forth. This time last year, it was bitterly cold when I did that and I experienced chest pain and shortness of breath, which turned out to be more than a passing indisposition. It's windy but quite mild out there tonight, and I seem to have survived the excursion unscathed this time

Comment

Tonight's mixed bag of entertainment began with S1E4 of Babylon 5. This, being the early days, is when it was still pretending to be just another episodic sci-fi show, so it seems like a standalone episode, apart from a little foreshadowing of story arcs to come in apparently minor pieces of dialogue.

Of course Michael Straczynski had already plotted the entire thing to its ultimate conclusion before they so much as made the pilot. He even had what he called "escape hatches" for every character, so if an actor chose to leave, he still had the storyline plotted out in alternate ways that allowed everything to carry on without them. And that happened, and there were even actors who left but came back later, and it all worked out because he'd planned everything so meticulously

Anyway, it's a good one, but doesn't obviously move us towards the big stories. But it does in subtle ways…

After that, I started watching Pi (1998), in which a mathematician who is a tortured genius because maths or something finds out something or other to do with pi, which other people think is valuable to them for disparate reasons. Or something. It's all in a burnt-out black-and-white, and stuff gets repeated, and basically it's Art. I wasn't fully in the mood for Art, so I bailed on it halfway through; I shall return to it when I'm more in the mood, because it is good, but you definitely have to be in the right mood for Art.

So I turned instead to another couple of bits of The West Wing, which is certainly art (as is B5) but not Art.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all!

Day - whatever - of permydom. It's all a blur now.

Dark going to work, dark going home.

Spending the weekend decorating and celebrating little boys birthday!

Have a good weekend all!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X