• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow, snow, thick thick Snow

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Lots of the white stuff here. Enough that the road up the hill out of the village is like an ice rink. Had a look at getting out this morning and gave up along with a few other folks. The A1 doesn't look to clever either. WFH for me today.
      About a foot now, and the A1 is closed by the village north and southbound after a 13 vehicle pile up.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sunny here between the flurries, 1.6C.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The permies with whom I work (all three of them) have gone off into a meeting with the Big Boss. Maybe he’ll tell them they can’t afford me any more?

Comment

No snow here, not even a flurry. Clear blue skies and a bitter wind when I went out for a walk earlier.

Looks like we get it all tomorrow and Friday.

Waiting on lots of info from the client on several different aspects of the project. Have chased and not had a reply.. Being held up now.

Never mind, just and keep on invoicing
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Made a lightweight arbour with a transparent plastic green house cover that I can move around to be in the sun. 85'F in the sun today!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Home!

Rather odd problem on the journey back: the roads were clear, there was no more snow falling (in fact it was sunny), but there was a bit of spray coming up from the road - and my windscreen washer nozzles froze!

I had to stop in a lay-by after Kettering and clean the windscreen by hand, like an animal

I removed surface ice from the nozzles and got the driver's side working, but then found that if I used it, the water froze to the windscreen faster than the wiper blades could shift it, so I had to put the windscreen heater on to get rid of it.

And then I had to stop and clean it by hand again just after getting off the M1 so I could see for the remaining two miles home.

It must just have been the wind chill at motorway speeds, as by the time I got home both nozzles had thawed and were working just fine. But it's a nuisance

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Rather odd problem on the journey back: the roads were clear, there was no more snow falling (in fact it was sunny), but there was a bit of spray coming up from the road - and my windscreen washer nozzles froze!
                  It could have been worse....

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Home!

I had to stop in a lay-by after Kettering and clean the windscreen by hand, like an animal

I removed surface ice from the nozzles and got the driver's side working, but then found that if I used it, the water froze to the windscreen faster than the wiper blades could shift it, so I had to put the windscreen heater on to get rid of it.

And then I had to stop and clean it by hand again just after getting off the M1 so I could see for the remaining two miles home.

It must just have been the wind chill at motorway speeds, as by the time I got home both nozzles had thawed and were working just fine. But it's a nuisance
                    not enough antifreeze in your washer tanks then? - bad prep old son, you'll never make patrol leader now

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      not enough antifreeze in your washer tanks then? - bad prep old son, you'll never make patrol leader now
                      Halford's -10°C screen wash in there, though possibly a bit diluted with whatever was there before; but it couldn't stand up to the wind chill factor at 70mph

Comment

Working...
                      X