• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning's min in the laundry room was 16.8 degrees.

This evening's temperature in the living room is 19.9 degrees.

This evening's entertainment was provided by "Hitchcock" with Sir Anthony Hopkins and Dame Helen Mirren.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0975645/

It was rather good, a fine depiction of the man and a fine depiction of his wife.

Tea was the remains of yesterday's beef.

It really wasn't very nice.

The afternoon, despite earlier warnings on the weather forecast, turned out to be fine and sunny, with a nice breeze.

The bus was a mere 14 minutes late.

I hadn't realised that they really do come along in convoy.

I ended up on a 58, since it got there first.

The X55 would have been preferable, but there you go.

Can't fit two buses into one bus stop.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

There was a nice sunset, but I missed all but the tail end of it out of the kitchen window
    That's one thing I miss with this house, I can't see the sunsets at this time of year & it gets worse as the year goes on.

Never thought much about it in the parents' house since there was a nice big picture window facing west.

The only way I can see a sunset in this house is by standing in the bath & leaning out of the bathroom window.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 September 2018, 21:06.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea, just for a change

Comment

Morning all!

Day 12 of Permydom!

Bolton on't 'ill, cloudy with quite a breeze up here, but a warm breeze - we need a storm to clear the air!

Code reviews today ready for release next week - which is nice.

House being decorated at the moment, decorator tidies up after himself which is also nice!

Have a good day!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

after a single day of the network operating properly, it's back to normal.

Guest logins, interweb not available, the whole 9 yards.

Currently oiling the AK.

But looking on the brightside, at least they'll find that thing from NF about serial killers in my log from yesterday.

Had an odd dream about Loughborough University last night.

What was even odder, NF was there too.

Most peculiar.

I was attempting, for no readily apparent reason, to complete the degree I failed in 1974.

Which is, of course, impossible.

The peeling paintwork in the engineering building is the last thing I remember before I woke up.

Oh, and it's wet and fecking windy so the rain is horizontal.

Umbrella would be useless.

And the wind howls around this building as if there's werewolves outside.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2018, 08:38.

Comment

Morning all

Windy night here. It was dry for the walk, but there's rain in the air now.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

WFH today so breakfast has been Avocado Toast with Ancho Chilli flakes and a sprinkling of Sumac.

Nom
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Currently wishing my life away.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of high cloud out, but mainly sunny and mild, though rather windy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

Bit of high cloud out, but mainly sunny and mild, though rather windy
                    Bah! Humbug!

It was so nice when I got home last night that I contemplated cutting the grass.

However, the desire to eat my tea won out & it was dark before I could do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Bah! Humbug!

It was so nice when I got home last night that I contemplated cutting the grass.

However, the desire to eat my tea won out & it was dark before I could do anything.
                      If it's any consolation, it looks like it should clear up down your way shortly, and the rain that's currently with you will be arriving here mid-afternoon

Comment

Working...
                      X