• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's tea has been… well, a bit of a shambles, actually

I was going to have chicken jalfrezi, with rice and naan. However, once the rice was well under way and the naan under the grill, it occurred to me that the aroma coming from the microwave wasn't of chicken jalfrezi, but chicken in red wine sauce

And so it proved to be: last time I froze some CRW I forgot to label it, and one container still had an old chicken jalfrezi label on it

So tonight's tea has been coq au vin with basmati rice and a naan
    Just call it fusion cuisine and you are good!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

breakfast - scrambled egg veg
      Lunch - tomato & basil soup + granary bread
      dinner - half a gammon steak + veg followed by rocky road cheesecake (Mrs V's choice I was being good)

nibbles = fresh cut pineapple & apples

1/2 bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon + Scotch.

9 metres of fencing done.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Back to the 1980s for tonight's film, and very 1980s it was: Road House (1989), featuring Patrick Swayze as a bouncer with a mullet, hired to clean up a dodgy bar in a small Kansas town. But what's this? There's a bad rich man who controls the town, and needs to be stopped! In other words, just about every cliché there is concerning the 1980s, bar-room brawls, and whatever dusty part of America that is, all rolled into one film

I seriously thought about ditching it half-an-hour in, being all clichéd out, but I stuck it out to the end and it wasn't too bad, I suppose. Or maybe it was too bad and I'd just resigned myself to it. Some fairly decent music from the house band, though.

Goodnight all

Comment

Well that's another film I'd never heard of.

Though I suspect there's shedloads of those in the piles & piles & towers of dvds surrounding me.

Living room temp: 20.6 deg C.

Laundry room temp: 19.6 deg C.

Dark grey.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Proper summer weather.

Just stuck the stewed blackberries in the fridge.

To keep the rest of the stewed blackberries company.

Train is currently 14 minutes late.

Again.

Ho hum.

And it was a Class 142 "bus on rails sans bogies" with 2 carriages.

This one didn't scream its flanges quite so much on the bend coming into Swansea.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2018, 07:24.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey again

Apparently it'll get quite warm despite that later, though not as bad as the last few weeks.

Bring back the rain, says I

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey again

Apparently it'll get quite warm despite that later, though not as bad as the last few weeks.

Bring back the rain, says I
              You can share some of ours if you like.

How's the ex-tooth going?

I wonder if I should mention, in the contact lens thread, the lady who is currently in hospital having drops put in her eyes every 30 minutes in an attempt to kill the amoebic infection that's eating her cornea?
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 August 2018, 08:11.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                How's the ex-tooth going?
                Still a bit sore, though there's no sign of bleeding so hopefully the clot is OK

Comment

Back to the 1980s for tonight's film, and very 1980s it was: Road House (1989), featuring Patrick Swayze as a bouncer with a mullet, hired to clean up a dodgy bar in a small Kansas town. But what's this? There's a bad rich man who controls the town, and needs to be stopped! In other words, just about every cliché there is concerning the 1980s, bar-room brawls, and whatever dusty part of America that is, all rolled into one film

I seriously thought about ditching it half-an-hour in, being all clichéd out, but I stuck it out to the end and it wasn't too bad, I suppose. Or maybe it was too bad and I'd just resigned myself to it. Some fairly decent music from the house band, though.

Goodnight all
                  it's my way or the highway......

Wfh today so still in my dressing gown.

Comment

morning all

another CBS day in sarf herts

Comment

Well, she sounds nice

I can't remember if she was depicted in Downfall; as I recall, it was just the Goebbels children who were in the bunker. And there was that soldier who killed himself and his family with a few grenades at the dining table.
                      She wasn't in it.

One's view about Himmler's hair (having not considered this for some time) is that it displayed his nicely Aryan skull shape, so he was, in effect, showing off. Weird lads those Nazi's. Did you know they dropped bombs on my ship off Crete?

Comment

Working...
                      X