• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomato soup with brown bread for lunch

And a bit of Countdown to accompany it. I'm rather out of practice, now I hardly ever see it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tomato soup with brown bread for lunch

And a bit of Countdown to accompany it. I'm rather out of practice, now I hardly ever see it
      You should remember to bathe your gum in alcohol - no good will come of neglecting this advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
        You should remember to bathe your gum in alcohol - no good will come of neglecting this advice.
        I shall bear this in mind

Comment

Be careful you don't wash the clot away too soon or you might end up with a dry socket.

After all your travails you really don't need that as well.

Nearly time to feck off down the hill.

I won't be doing this for much longer.

It'll be staggering up & down to the fecking docks instead.

Just imagine the joys of that in January with a force 8 gale & horizontal rain.

Thank feck I'm almost retired.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Himmler's haircut - can't ask his daughter any longer. I wonder if it was related to his chicken farming activities.
            Well, she sounds nice

I can't remember if she was depicted in Downfall; as I recall, it was just the Goebbels children who were in the bunker. And there was that soldier who killed himself and his family with a few grenades at the dining table.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Be careful you don't wash the clot away too soon or you might end up with a dry socket.

After all your travails you really don't need that as well.
              Yes, that would be the icing on the cake

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Yes, that would be the icing on the cake
                avoid cake for a wee while then

Comment

Tonight's tea has been… well, a bit of a shambles, actually

I was going to have chicken jalfrezi, with rice and naan. However, once the rice was well under way and the naan under the grill, it occurred to me that the aroma coming from the microwave wasn't of chicken jalfrezi, but chicken in red wine sauce

And so it proved to be: last time I froze some CRW I forgot to label it, and one container still had an old chicken jalfrezi label on it

So tonight's tea has been coq au vin with basmati rice and a naan

Comment

Tea was boiled beef, carrots & onions.

Got the amount of cornflour approximately right this evening so it didn't stand up on its own.

Followed by yet more custard with stewed blackberries.

Then, following the washing up, it was off out to pick some more.

I can't get over the fact that no one else seems to bother these days.

Then again, I could live in a cave quite happily.

Considering the amount the electricity want to charge me, I may, in fact, do that.

My usage seems to have gone up a bit now I'm living in this house.

The living room temperature is currently 21.8 Lidl(tm) degrees C.

The last ep of Low Winter Sun is tomorrow.

I trust the skybox will last that long.

Then it's on the phone to sky to cancel.

Shouldn't take more than an hour and a half.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It seems the football has resumed. Busy outside as they're all on their way home now.

Comment

Working...
                      X