• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Suppose I might as well get the shopping done so I don't have to do it in the cataclysmic storm light breeze tomorrow.
    Up until a few minutes ago it was clear blue skies here, now it's turning menacing. The Wife's (tm) flight has taken off, half an hour late, and I suspect it will be a tad choppy over the Atlantic. Good job I stocked up at lunchtime to cover the next few evening's meals, and since it's me on my own (excluding dogs), then I decided to go for 4 ready meals, or "screw tops" as some might know them, and two that require a corkscrew.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Shopping done

I got jam doughnuts, just in case

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Shopping done

I got jam doughnuts, just in case
        Pack of 2 or pack of 4?

As someone with zero willpower, I opt for the pack of 2.

Otherwise I'll be jam doughnutted out.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Pack of 2 or pack of 4?

They didn't have any packs left, so I got three loose ones

Comment

Pack of 2 or pack of 4?

I prefer custard doughnuts but churros are even better. Roman Road Market in Bow on Saturday mornings used to have a great churro stall.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Diver posting alert!

In Monday Links, but maybe he'll pop over here too

Comment

Tea, as forecast, was teriyaki salmon (Morrisons, reduced) along with a fillet of rainbow trout (Morrisons, reduced).

It was all very nice.

Whilst it's much cooler outside now, in here it's still like a sauna.

Ho hum.

I'd open the windows if I could get anywhere near them.

Which I can't.

Comment

Tea, as forecast, was teriyaki salmon (Morrisons, reduced) along with a fillet of rainbow trout (Morrisons, reduced).

It was all very nice.

Whilst it's much cooler outside now, in here it's still like a sauna.

Ho hum.

I'd open the windows if I could get anywhere near them.

Which I can't.
                  bad planning then, not got any bricks handy?

Comment

Tonight's tea has been southern-fried-style chicken thighs and drumsticks (actually baked), and fries

These were M&S chicken bits and I don't think the coating has quite as much flavour as the Sainsbury's equivalent, or even as other coated chicken bits from M&S. But still very nice

Comment

This evening's escape from the pollen outside was provided via S5E7 of "Person of Interest".

Followed by "Vantage Point" which is a good deal more impressive a film than the dvd cover might suggest.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Denis Quaid, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker, William Hurt and Matthew (how the feck did I get off that goddamn island 4 8 15 16 23 42) Fox.

Told in a curious way but very effective despite that.

Comment

Working...
                      X