test please delete
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30524 of 30531 FirstFirst ... 29524 30024 30424 30474 30514 30522 30523 30524 30525 30526 ... LastLast
Posts 305,231 to 305,240 of 305302
  1. #305231

    More time posting than coding

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    257
    Thanks (Given)
    10
    Thanks (Received)
    11
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    199

    Default

    Tea, as forecast, was teriyaki salmon (Morrisons, reduced) along with a fillet of rainbow trout (Morrisons, reduced).

    It was all very nice.

    Whilst it's much cooler outside now, in here it's still like a sauna.

    Ho hum.

    I'd open the windows if I could get anywhere near them.

    Which I can't.
    Mein Fuhrer I can valk!

  2. #305232

    Super poster

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    3,472
    Thanks (Given)
    630
    Thanks (Received)
    452
    Likes (Given)
    1763
    Likes (Received)
    1036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Tea, as forecast, was teriyaki salmon (Morrisons, reduced) along with a fillet of rainbow trout (Morrisons, reduced).

    It was all very nice.

    Whilst it's much cooler outside now, in here it's still like a sauna.

    Ho hum.

    I'd open the windows if I could get anywhere near them.

    Which I can't.
    bad planning then, not got any bricks handy?
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  3. #305233

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    41,448
    Thanks (Given)
    2168
    Thanks (Received)
    2909
    Likes (Given)
    11855
    Likes (Received)
    6741

    Default

    Tonight's tea has been southern-fried-style chicken thighs and drumsticks (actually baked), and fries

    These were M&S chicken bits and I don't think the coating has quite as much flavour as the Sainsbury's equivalent, or even as other coated chicken bits from M&S. But still very nice

  4. #305234

    More time posting than coding

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    257
    Thanks (Given)
    10
    Thanks (Received)
    11
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    199

    Default

    This evening's escape from the pollen outside was provided via S5E7 of "Person of Interest".

    Followed by "Vantage Point" which is a good deal more impressive a film than the dvd cover might suggest.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/?ref_=nv_sr_1

    Denis Quaid, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker, William Hurt and Matthew (how the feck did I get off that goddamn island 4 8 15 16 23 42) Fox.

    Told in a curious way but very effective despite that.
    Mein Fuhrer I can valk!

  5. #305235

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13,125
    Thanks (Given)
    2602
    Thanks (Received)
    2046
    Likes (Given)
    3627
    Likes (Received)
    5002

    Default

    TFBSZ
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  6. #305236

    My post count is Majestic

    NickFitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Your local branch
    Posts
    41,448
    Thanks (Given)
    2168
    Thanks (Received)
    2909
    Likes (Given)
    11855
    Likes (Received)
    6741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Followed by "Vantage Point" which is a good deal more impressive a film than the dvd cover might suggest.

    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443274/?ref_=nv_sr_1

    Denis Quaid, Sigourney Weaver, Forest Whitaker, William Hurt and Matthew (how the feck did I get off that goddamn island 4 8 15 16 23 42) Fox.

    Told in a curious way but very effective despite that.
    Added to the list

    My evening's entertainment, if that is what it was, started with The Pelican Brief (1993) which, being based on a John Grisham novel, was all a bit lawyerly. Good enough in its way, though.

    And then Passenger 57 (1992), starring Wesley Snipes. I actually watched the first twenty-odd minutes of this the other week, but that bit's rather slow and I got bored. Resuming, it turns out the rest of it isn't at all slow, but it's also the purest hokum, with a plot so full of holes it could profitably be slung off the back of an Icelandic trawler. Bonus points for the bit where they had an aerial shot of a helicopter whose registration number was reversed, revealing that they'd flipped the negative, presumably having forgotten to get a shot of it flying in the desired direction

    Goodnight all

  7. #305237

    More time posting than coding

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    257
    Thanks (Given)
    10
    Thanks (Received)
    11
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    Added to the list

    My evening's entertainment, if that is what it was, started with The Pelican Brief (1993) which, being based on a John Grisham novel, was all a bit lawyerly. Good enough in its way, though.

    And then Passenger 57 (1992), starring Wesley Snipes. I actually watched the first twenty-odd minutes of this the other week, but that bit's rather slow and I got bored. Resuming, it turns out the rest of it isn't at all slow, but it's also the purest hokum, with a plot so full of holes it could profitably be slung off the back of an Icelandic trawler. Bonus points for the bit where they had an aerial shot of a helicopter whose registration number was reversed, revealing that they'd flipped the negative, presumably having forgotten to get a shot of it flying in the desired direction

    Goodnight all
    "Passenger 57" is an odd film.

    As you say, a plot full of holes.

    I think I have the Pelican thing somewhere in one of the multitudinous piles of dvds.

    In other other news, Mein Fuhrer I can breathe!

    A nice drop of drizzle and a semigale has blown the evil pollen away for an hour or two.
    Mein Fuhrer I can valk!

  8. #305238

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13,125
    Thanks (Given)
    2602
    Thanks (Received)
    2046
    Likes (Given)
    3627
    Likes (Received)
    5002

    Default

    Morning all

    Overcast and a stiff breeze here. may need to move some of the plants to give them a bit of protection from the wind.
    No rain worth talking about, but hopefully it will come.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  9. #305239

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    13,125
    Thanks (Given)
    2602
    Thanks (Received)
    2046
    Likes (Given)
    3627
    Likes (Received)
    5002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all

    Overcast and a stiff breeze here. may need to move some of the plants to give them a bit of protection from the wind.
    No rain worth talking about, but hopefully it will come.
    Hopefully I will win the premium bonds next month.

    Went to let the chickens out of their run and the rain started. They are out, a new acacia that I pot planted last weekend is now in shelter, the patio umbrella is out of it's stand and lying down, and the sail which keeps direct sunlight off the office in the mornings is down as well.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  10. #305240

    Godlike

    original PM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    9,997
    Thanks (Given)
    26
    Thanks (Received)
    396
    Likes (Given)
    100
    Likes (Received)
    1567

    Default

    Morning all.

    Manchester is kind of grey - maybe will rain maybe will not - think we are just a bit south of Hector.

    Nearly Friday

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.