• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far on Twitter today I've engaged in a discussion about my father's comic writing experiences with the creator of Scarfolk and another artist/animator, and pointed the people who preserve the Vulcan bomber XH558 (who are apparently bored and curious to know about places named after Vulcan) at the old Vulcan iron foundry on Vulcan Road over the other side of the city centre.

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch again

Comment

On reflection, I don't think I'll bother going shopping - there's nothing I need right away, so I'll put it off for a day or two

Comment

Tag team vermin eliminators.

Squirrel on the bird table. I take it out, Teasel checks it's dead and brings it to me for disposal.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pity to let all that fine meat go to waste:

5 Great Squirrel Recipes You Won't Be Able to Resist

Yeehaw!

Ah. You're ok. There's no close season on squirrels.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 June 2018, 18:35.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Didn't quite know what to make of last evening's epic, namely "Suburbicon".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491175/

Until I realised it was a Coen Brothers epic, which explained all.

Bit slow to start but gets funnier when you (eventually) realise wtf is going on.
              I failed to mention that it features the very early use of an optical remote control on a television set.

This comprised what appeared to be a modified torch for the controller and some electronic valve based gubbins in the tv set.

Pretty advanced for the time.

Quite possibly this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenith_Flash-matic
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 June 2018, 18:44.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The Wife (tm) left me an hour ago.

She’s going on holiday for a week. So far I have managed to eat without breaking/burning anything and finish off some leftovers.
                Tomorrow evening, after work, I’ll take a run to the local Waitrose to stock up on essentials. Trying to decide what to get. Suggestions please (and no, I don’t need eggs or squirrels)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  The Wife (tm) left me an hour ago.

She’s going on holiday for a week. So far I have managed to eat without breaking/burning anything and finish off some leftovers.
                  Tomorrow evening, after work, I’ll take a run to the local Waitrose to stock up on essentials. Trying to decide what to get. Suggestions please (and no, I don’t need eggs or squirrels)

Comment

Sausage, eggs and chips for dinner, for the usual reasons
                    very nice too

Comment

Tonight's tea has been boeuf bourguignon (the last portion, from last November) with Sainsbury's crispy potatoes and petits pois. Very nice too

And I've finished reading Molly's Game, so I suppose I'll have to watch the film at some point. From a glance at the cast in IMDb, it looks as if few to none of the big Hollywood stars who happily gambled hundreds of thousands of dollars at her poker games appear, either playing themselves or played by somebody else. I daresay it would have been hard to get industry backing if they'd included them by name

Comment

Working...
                      X