• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentil soup for tea today.

After all it is Thursday.

I have reached the conclusion that there is no reason at all for looking at anything Specifically In General.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Lentil soup for tea today.
      That will make it windy as you walk the windy roads around you.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

OK, quick one... The Ghost (Ewan McGregor & Pierce Brosnan) or Momentum (Morgan Freeman)
        They both start at 9pm.

Which do I watch?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          OK, quick one... The Ghost (Ewan McGregor & Pierce Brosnan) or Momentum (Morgan Freeman)
          They both start at 9pm.

Which do I watch?
          the Ghost was better as a book.

Try Momentum.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea has been ribs and chips; good, thick, meaty ribs with just the right amount of fat, and the finest chips Lincolnshire spuds can become

Comment

This evening's after tea entertainment was provided by S1E1 of "Carter" which appears to be a rip off of "Castle".

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7083006/

The only possible reason for watching it is the toothsome Sydney Poitier.

This was followed by a nice bonfire, which did its best to burn down the hedge*.

After a shower, the final entertainment was S5E8 of "Person of Interest".

And so to bed.

*in addition it was so fierce that the Aldi(tm) incinerator thingie has self destructed. Ho hum. This might explain why it cost as little as £15. Though it's been out in the rain for about 3 years or more.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2018, 21:56.

Comment

test please delete

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                the Ghost was better as a book.

Try Momentum.
                I chose Momentum. A slightly convoluted and confuse escapade, Morgan Freeman’s involvement was probably about 10 minutes in total. It finished in such a way that a follow up could have been made.

The female lead looked familiar, but it was only after watching it that I realised she was Camille in QoS.

And now TFBSZ

Comment

During tea, entertainment was provided by 24 Hours in Police Custody; though both "entertainment" and "24 hours" are misnomers, as (spoiler) it was about a bloke who'd previously been seen by the TV crew when he got done for GBH against some bloke with whom he had a grievance a couple of years before, and this time ended up getting sent down for GBH after attacking his partner while out of it on booze and spice. A picture of a wretched life at two of its lowest ebbs, and one can only hope he makes good on his avowed intention to stay clean once he's released for the sake of his two young children

After that, having read the book, I watched the film of Molly's Game (2017), which I thought was very good.

Another small spoiler alert: I was a tad confused that the book, which was written after the events shown in the film, appeared as a prop right from the start. (A very good prop, by the way: I bought the original American hardback edition, and the prop was exactly the same, other than the photo on the dust jacket being of Jessica Chastain rather than Molly Bloom. Under the dust jacket, it has a two-tone binding, with a lighter colour extending from the spine about an inch over the end boards, and this could be seen in several scenes; so I assume it was the real book under the modified jacket.) Anyway, it turned out this was because the book becomes a device in the subplot concerning her relationship with her attorney, played by Idris Elba, who doesn't appear in the book in the first place, and it's used very effectively in that context.

Also, when he refers to something on a specific page, I checked, and it does appear on that page in that edition

Anyway, book shenanigans aside: yes, it's a very good film in its own right, and also as an adaptation of the book.

And after that, the first couple of episodes of the final season of The Americans, now that's available in its entirety. I don't like watching these things until then, just in case I get so gripped I want to watch all the way to the end; though so far that's only ever happened with the first two series of Line of Duty.

Goodnight all

Comment

Cool, dry, and vaguely sunnyish.

Pollen count higher.

The bonfire had successfully managed to burn all night with very little remaining bar hot ash. <-bonfire

I may indulge in another bonfire this evening to maximise the inconvenience for the neighbours. <-bonfire

I have fallen from a state of grace & made a post Specifically In General.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 June 2018, 07:43.

Comment

Morning all
                      Looks like it's going to be a hot one. Clear blue skies and no breeze.

Comment

Working...
                      X