• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

The cumuli are massing for an attack of white fluffiness

Comment

I've been invited to a hen party tomorrow.

Well, to be more precise, Millie and I have been invited by the bride to come to her hen party specifically to help the groom make and serve cocktails.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I've been invited to a hen party tomorrow.

Well, to be more precise, Millie and I have been invited by the bride to come to her hen party specifically to help the groom make and serve cocktails.
        After reading the first sentence, I thought you'd been invited to help the chickens celebrate something

Comment

Just found eight first class stamps from the year 2000

Possibly worth more to a collector than as postage, but I need to send a Father's Day card

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just found eight first class stamps from the year 2000

Possibly worth more to a collector than as postage, but I need to send a Father's Day card
            If they just say "1st" on them, then they are still a valid first class stamp. If they've got a value on them, then they're not.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Trying without any success to get an "Icebreaker" pic kit thingie to talk to the LCD.

It seems to be the software which is a library function from the Mikroelectronika C compiler.

Doing a google just brings up stuff I wrote 10 years ago and not much else.

Irritated now.

Took the LCD off the board & connected it to my LCD tester & it works.

Put a different LCD in the Icebreaker & that doesn't work.

Now down to reading the fecking assembler to see wtf is going on.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                If they just say "1st" on them, then they are still a valid first class stamp. If they've got a value on them, then they're not.
                I know

Turns out the pilar box on the next corner no longer gets emptied in the afternoon, meaning I've got to drive out to the sorting office somewhere beyond Arcturus that has a final collection at a quarter to seven - though it used to be half seven, as I recall

I'll leave it till after six though, otherwise I'll get the worst of the rush hour both ways

Comment

Sorting office expedition completed. I was tempted to take the route back that goes past the chip shop, but managed to resist on the grounds I already have stuff to make for dinner

Comment

Chucking away some old stuff and found an unused A4 notebook by Woolworths. Historic item - must be worth a fortune.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ribeye steak and chips for tea

Comment

Working...
                      X