• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Followed by "Atomic Blonde" with Charlize Theron.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2406566...nm_flmg_act_10

Twas, it must be said, extremely violent.
    It is that. I thought it was excellent

Tonight's first feature was Matrix Revolutions (2003) - another one from which they've dropped the "The". I haven't watched this in ages, because whenever I try to rewatch the trilogy I never get around to it, probably because Reloaded is a bit disappointing after the first one.

Anyway, it makes the same kind of mistake as that, and as Independence Day: Resurgence, of spending a bunch of time on the backstory of various characters' relationship stuff and what have you. They don't seem to have realised that this only works if the viewer is interested in the characters involved, and none of their off-brand characters are actually interesting enough. Also, we know they can jump in a cartwheel while firing two machine pistols and mainly hitting the cladding of some pillars rather than the baddies, because they do that in the two previous films.

But once we're past that stuff and into the big battle scenes, it's not that bad

After that, I rewatched the first Mission: Impossible (1996). Good stuff, though the Internet usage is farcical to modern eyes; even at the time, the notion of more-secret-than-the-CIA people and international terrorist leaders communicating over the net via Usenet newsgroups was pretty ridiculous

Goodnight all

Comment

Last evening's repast included some fresh gooseberries picked off the plant instead of fished out of the depths of the freezer.

Having stewed said gooseberries, I consumed them along with some custard, thusly using up some of the vast quantites of sugar bequeathed by Strangelove Mater.

It accompanied some "scouse" which was okish.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Another day, another dollar (well, another guitar to pay for). It was raining earlier, and it looked like it was set in for the day. The garden really needs it.

Unfortunately it only lasted about 20 mins, so hasn't had much effect. I think the sprinklers will have to go on tonight, cause it's now blue skies and sunshine out there.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Lovely soft grey drizzly day here.

Pollen count low.

The beef it is aroasting.

The lentil soup it is a cooking.

The wegetables for said soup were very close to the edge thus a lot ended up in the compost heap.

I trust the remainder will cook.

The parsnips were particularly "interesting" in that regard.

Mmmm, judging by the rather "curious" flavour, the parsnips may have been closer to the edge than I'd thought.

I eventually remembered that lentil soup also requires the addition of some lentils too.

The poppity ping just went ping so I suppose I'd better get on with making lunch.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 June 2018, 11:51.

Comment

Day's work done (I must say it doesn't seem like 8 hours ago that I started, but that's what it says on the invoice)
            Blue skies have given way to dark clouds and I've been out for a drive in The Toy to pick up some wine.
            The Toy is filthy and needs cleaning, so that's probably next on my list.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, though no rain promised

Comment

It rained here especially for me to go shopping.

And I must have been tired because I fell asleep "reading" my book.

For some reason I found it necessary to purchases some of the aforementioned jam doughnuts.

Having eaten one, I suspect the remainder will feed the jackdaws over the next couple of days.

Tea turned out to be some Heinz baked beans with little sausages supplemented with a couple of Morrisons pork pies (reduced).

The lentil soup has been less than successful since it's unpleasantly sweet due to all the slightly off carrots & even more slightly off parsnips.

Ho very hum.

It'll have to be eaten, but mixed in with other versions existing in the freezer to reduce its sweetness.

Alternatively I forgot to put something in there.

Comment

Back from a few days in Versailles.

Palace was good, but gardens were amazing.

As well as a special little palace to get away from it all, Marie Antoinette had a hamlet built for when she wanted to get away from the little palace. http://en.chateauversailles.fr/disco...n/queen-hamlet

All of which needed walking round - 60K steps over two days!

Relieved the pain of metatarsalgia by rowing on the Grand Canal and cycling round the Grand Canal.

They had gold carriages to get round. We had shanks pony.

Need a rest.
                  Last edited by mudskipper; 17 June 2018, 18:34.

Comment

Still no rain until an hour into watering the garden. Then the weather closed in. Misty rain more than big drops, but it will keep the dust down, and the bits that I have watered will now absorb the moisture better.
                    Pulled one garlic earlier as the stem was yellow. While it was the right size, it was mouldy. I’m hoping it’s not a case that I’ve lost 20 head this year that are in the same patch.

Comment

Big fry-up for tea, as I hadn't had one in a while

Comment

Working...
                      X