• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chicken stir fry for tea, nice fresh veg from Tesco + frozen chicken mmmmm.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

So that EOS on "Hawaii 50" and "NCIS LA".

It was EOS on "NCIS" last Friday.

Watched S5E9 of "Person of Interest". Getting near the end of that too.

Currently vaguely watching Michael Wood's "Story of England" on PBS.

Can't remember how old that is, but I'm about to find out.

2010 according to Wiki.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Executive room, right by the railway line.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's all-action mayhem informative documentary was Inside Job (2010), about the financial collapse around 2008. Good use was made of "so-and-so declined to be interviewed for this film" immediately after appalling acts of greed by so-and-so had been described in minute detail, for numerous so-and-sos.

There was also the Dean of Columbia Business School (and highly-rewarded member of various company boards) who got increasingly irritated as he was forced to pretend that he couldn't remember various iniquitous acts that he clearly could, until he finally snapped "This isn't a deposition, sir. I was polite enough to give you time, foolishly I now see. You have three more minutes. Give it your best shot!"

The Big Short is more fun, and Margin Call more exciting; but it was certainly worth a watch

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all The sun is shining in Glasgow.. Not sure I’ve ever seen that happen before.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sunny - maybe gonna be cloudy later in Manchester.

Other than that another day of fun n frolics ahead.

Comment

It's a grey day with lowish pollen count.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Point of order, it was Chief Brody, not Captain Quint who said that.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out again after a bit of sunshine early on

Comment

Some small progress on the

Having vaguely remembered how to write this 'C' stuff, we now have a LM335 temperature sensor hooked up to analog(ue) channel 0.

Amazingly enough, the thing reads the analog(ue) channel & outputs the value on the aforementioned LCD.

The value, naturally enough, isn't exactly human friendly since 560 corresponds to 0 deg C and 600 corresponds to 20 deg C.

But it's getting there slowly.

So some little progress has been made, and the thing now shows the temperature in K and in degrees C.

Naturally enough I've also reached the demo compiler limit.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 June 2018, 13:43.

Comment

Working...
                      X