• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Don't forget your earplugs
    no worries mate, i just tell the guitarists to turn down, or else!

Comment

The optical lab phoned up at teatime to tell me my glasses were ready, which is pretty good as I only had the eye test yesterday afternoon

However… the chap needs to fit the new lenses in my existing reading glasses and sunglasses frames when I go there. Tomorrow they're doing eye tests (they only do them two days a week) so he'll be too busy talking to customers about what new glasses they want to be able to get into the lab and do them. Then on Thursday he's got to go for a checkup at the hospital, so can't get in until late in the afternoon.

So I told them I'd just pop in on Friday some time, as that's easiest for them. I'll drop my sunglasses off (I forgot them yesterday) so he can get them done, as I won't need them before then.

And that means I now have nothing on the calendar apart from that for the rest of the week

Comment

Tonight's film was The Exception (2016), concerning plots by both the Allies and the Nazis concerning the exiled Kaiser Wilhelm at his home in Doorn in the aftermath of the occupation of the Netherlands. It insists on being a love story as well as a spy film, but overall it's pretty good I thought.

Though as with so many films about that era, it fails to address the question of why Himmler had that fecking stupid haircut :nazi:

And IMDb says it's from 2016, but it was released in 2017

Goodnight all

Comment

20 Lidl(tm) deg C in the living room this morning.

16.8 deg C in the laundry room. The maximum yesterday was 24 deg C.

Didn't hear any monsoon overnight.

Sky as grey as a grey thing.

Might get wet on the way to "work".

And the fecking train is "delayed".

I knew the last week had been too good to be true.

15 minutes late.

Well there's a thing.

A mere 11 minutes late at Neath.

And it got to Swansea just in time for the lucky lucky people to catch the Hirohito's Revenge back to Neath/Cardiff/whereever.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 August 2018, 07:19.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

yawn

can't be arsed

meh

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out

Mouth hurts a bit, but that's only to be expected. The paracetamol works well enough but wore off as I slept, so now I need to wait for the morning dose to kick in

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                yawn

can't be arsed

meh

Seconded.

<---

Comment

41 "working" days left until I can get out of here and do something else. Hopefully at some point next month the agents will start calling and I can boom...

Comment

Himmler's haircut - can't ask his daughter any longer. I wonder if it was related to his chicken farming activities.

Comment

I've got about 6 months left.

I don't think there's more than 2 or 3 actual working days in any of it.

Roll on Feb.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X