• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    After the op, I'll be in the ITU to start with, then moved on to one of the surgical wards. While the operation is going on and when I'm in the ITU, my stuff will be sent to Patient Storage, whence it will be retrieved once I'm on the ward.

But nobody is willing to commit to a timescale for leaving the ITU, so I have no idea how long I'll be offline
    Good luck!
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After the op, I'll be in the ITU to start with, then moved on to one of the surgical wards. While the operation is going on and when I'm in the ITU, my stuff will be sent to Patient Storage, whence it will be retrieved once I'm on the ward.

But nobody is willing to commit to a timescale for leaving the ITU, so I have no idea how long I'll be offline
      We'll not worry too much then if we don't see you for a day or two. But do check in as soon as you can, even if it's a morphine induced ramble.

Comment

Just made a discovery...
        When I put my new desk in, I had a bit of an issue with the wifi (unrelated to the desk, or so I thought), I reset the office wifi and it worked. It was off again today. I've now discovered the problem. The on/off switch on a BT Business Hub is unprotected and on the side of the unit, so if you have pushed the hub into a small space it's entirely possible that the switch has gone to off.

Comment

Just paid the Company Tax for last year. I tried to do it yesterday but I needed to amend the reference number on the relevant HMRC account in MyCo's Cater Allen account, and I couldn't do that without entering an authentication code they texted me that's only valid for five minutes, and I couldn't get the text because no signal

Anyway, it turns out the phone can get enough of a signal if placed right by the window, so I finally got a code through in time

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            We'll not worry too much then if we don't see you for a day or two. But do check in as soon as you can, even if it's a morphine induced ramble.
            That's what it usually sounds like anyway

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              This +1

Comment

That's what it usually sounds like anyway

How will we know if it isn't?

Can you start your posts with what drugs you have taken in the previous 24 hours.

<-manly

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Just made a discovery...
                  When I put my new desk in, I had a bit of an issue with the wifi (unrelated to the desk, or so I thought), I reset the office wifi and it worked. It was off again today. I've now discovered the problem. The on/off switch on a BT Business Hub is unprotected and on the side of the unit, so if you have pushed the hub into a small space it's entirely possible that the switch has gone to off.
                  Sounds like a Cheech and Chong track .
                  'how did you fix it, man?? - i turned it on, man!'

Comment

Another mystery cleared up. Chicken tikka masala appears twice on the menu, under "Chicken" and again on the next page under "Halal Meals", and from the descriptions it's clear they're different. Yet I've never been asked which one I meant when ordering it.

Anyway, the lady just came to take orders and, when I asked for it, glanced at where I was looking on the menu and said "The English one, yes?"

So I'm having English chicken tikka masala for dinner, rather than that foreign muck

Comment

Another mystery cleared up. Chicken tikka masala appears twice on the menu, under "Chicken" and again on the next page under "Halal Meals", and from the descriptions it's clear they're different. Yet I've never been asked which one I meant when ordering it.

Anyway, the lady just came to take orders and, when I asked for it, glanced at where I was looking on the menu and said "The English one, yes?"

So I'm having English chicken tikka masala for dinner, rather than that foreign muck
                      The other one will probably be tastier

Comment

Working...
                      X