• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    More 1980s cinema this evening: Commando (1985), being an Arnold Schwarzenegger vehicle that I'd never seen before. Pretty silly in parts, with some exceptionally unrealistic stunts and combat scenes, but enjoyable enough if you accept it on its own terms

Goodnight all
    I remember seeing an interview with the Austrian Oak around about that sort of time where he said that he had to tell one director that he couldn't actually do that stuff in reality.

Is "Commando" the one where he rips the seat out of a Sunbeam Tiger sports car?

Oh good, so far the train is a mere 3 minutes late.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2018, 05:48.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Now recording the same thing off +1 in case the box went tits up at random intervals.
      My recent cancellation of Virgin's services was preceded by a frenzied recording of loads of stuff. It wouldn't play when services were cut off because I then wasn't a subscriber.

At some point this weekend I need to return their router to them, it being only about 3 months old (it's predecessor having died whilst I was rebooting Every Possible Bloody Thing in an attempt to get ClientCo's laptop to logon remotely.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        My recent cancellation of Virgin's services was preceded by a frenzied recording of loads of stuff. It wouldn't play when services were cut off because I then wasn't a subscriber.

At some point this weekend I need to return their router to them, it being only about 3 months old (it's predecessor having died whilst I was rebooting Every Possible Bloody Thing in an attempt to get ClientCo's laptop to logon remotely.
        Ah, I see your pain.

However, this recording of which I speak is via a technology which I think is termed "VHS" or some such.

Comment

Ah, I see your pain.

However, this recording of which I speak is via a technology which I think is termed "VHS" or some such.

Comment

Friday finally....

Just to keep you entertained here are some Classics from Arnie in Commando

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Friday finally....

Just to keep you entertained here are some Classics from Arnie in Commando

Apparently it was one of two Sunbeam Alpines, rather than the Sunbeam Tiger which had a 4.3/4.7 litre V8 instead of the gutless 4 pot.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2018, 08:47.

Comment

Apparently it was one of two Sunbeam Alpines, rather than the Sunbeam Tiger which had a 4.3/4.7 litre V8 instead of the gutless 4 pot.
                Good job...

those things ain't cheap

https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/ca...sic&id=C927983

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Good job...

those things ain't cheap

https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/ca...sic&id=C927983
                  Ain't they just:

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1003120

I've just found a Fujitsu FBM43CA bubble memory podule.

I don't think I've ever seen a bubble memory device before.

http://www.wylie.org.uk/technology/c...m/bubblmem.htm
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 August 2018, 10:02.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey earlier, but getting ominously sunny now

Comment

I remember seeing an interview with the Austrian Oak around about that sort of time where he said that he had to tell one director that he couldn't actually do that stuff in reality.

Is "Commando" the one where he rips the seat out of a Sunbeam Tiger sports car?
                      That's the one. Apparently the director of Commando thought Schwarzenegger was actually capable of dangling one of the bad guys over the edge of a cliff by his ankle, one-handed. Arnie said "Are you crazy?" and made them to rig up a safety wire to dangle the bloke with

Comment

Working...
                      X