• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Trying to decide what to have for dinner that doesn't involve me doing much.
    Cumberland sausages, chips, and beans turned out to be the answer

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    How's the sore throat doing?
    Not so good

It's more of an ache all around the region of the throat than a rasping soreness, and it's paired with a similar but more extensive aching in the region of my lower lungs, which in turn are coughing up slightly more phlegm than usual (not that they cough up much in the first place, but there's more)

And I generally feel a bit run down too.

Hopefully just a cold of some kind, so I'll take it easy (which is what I was planning anyway) and it'll probably sort itself out before long

Comment

Was watching "Ed Wood" with Johnny Depp but transferred over to the railway walk thing on 5.

It was okish.

Not nearly as good with colours as M. Portillo though.

Just waiting for the denim to come out of the tumble drier before I wend my weary way to bed.

Stone me, the exciting life I lead these days, not that it's much different from previously of course.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Was watching "Ed Wood" with Johnny Depp but transferred over to the railway walk thing on 5.

It was okish.

Not nearly as good with colours as M. Portillo though.

Just waiting for the denim to come out of the tumble drier before I wend my weary way to bed.

Stone me, the exciting life I lead these days, not that it's much different from previously of course.
        you could consider writing for the Wales tourist board, extolling the virtues of your land for the benighted people who have never visited??
        or maybe not.

Comment

Watched that BBC thing about the woman who pretended her friends' kid was her own to get child support out of a bloke earlier. Astonishing

Now, an early night in the hope of preventing the advance of the lurgy

Goodnight all

Comment

17.1 deg in here at the moment.

Stripped the bed & am currently giving the Logik washing machine something to do.

The vertical is making me feel slightly drunk but it's nowhere near as disabling (so far) as it was last Saturday.

In other "news", it's raining.

Well quelle surprise as the cheese eating surrender monkeys are alleged to say.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all.

Rudely awoken by the door bell, staggered downstairs to find it was the DHL man delivering a parcel for me, so can't really complain. Order from Germany Thursday night, arrived here less than 36 hours later.

Does mean a trip down to the bike shop though, it was the last bit I needed for building up a new rear wheel for the CycloCross bike. I could have a go myself but wheel building is a bit of a black art and it's easier just to throw all the bits at the guy in the shop and come back later.

He gets quite obsessive about it, the last one he did for me he was a little annoyed about, as he could only get it within 0.1mm of true. Bearing in mind this is all done by hand, I wasn't going to argue about it.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Overcast out, though the wind has died down and there's no rain - that's due this afternoon

Lurgy doesn't seem to have got any worse, and may even be marginally better than when I crashed out last night.

Comment

The "ripe and ready" nectarine I just had for breakfast didn't look at all ripe or ready from the outside, but turned out to be deliciously soft and juicy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      The "ripe and ready" nectarine I just had for breakfast didn't look at all ripe or ready from the outside, but turned out to be deliciously soft and juicy

Are you feeling ok?
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X