• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Sunny out, and it's also warming up a bit

Comment

Having dressed for 7 deg C this morning, by the time I'd staggered down the hill & across town to The New Slough of Despond, I was bathed in sweat.

Currently listening to some of the New Esteemed Customers holding forth in the common area outside my door.

This is getting very old very quickly.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've got a stye in my left eye; on the inside of the lower eyelid. It's not hugely painful, but by God it's irritating

Apparently the word "stye" comes from the Old English word for "thing that rises", presumably referring to the associated swelling. It's not connected with the "sty" in which pigs live, which is thought to come from the Old English for "hall", itself probably borrowed from Norse; a pigsty having been known as "the hall of the farrow".

So there's that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I've got a stye in my left eye; on the inside of the lower eyelid. It's not hugely painful, but by God it's irritating

Apparently the word "stye" comes from the Old English word for "thing that rises", presumably referring to the associated swelling. It's not connected with the "sty" in which pigs live, which is thought to come from the Old English for "hall", itself probably borrowed from Norse; a pigsty having been known as "the hall of the farrow".

So there's that
          You are supposed to rub it with your ring or something?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            You are supposed to rub it with your ring or something?

The eye? Or the farrow?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              The eye? Or the farrow?

depends on your personal choice

turn the sound off its loud.

ye ha - https works!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Popped round to the doc's. Flu jabs won't be here until next week

Comment

And before that, pâté on toast for lunch

Comment

Big batch of chips (the broad, flat kind) now cooling down before being frozen

I need to make more of the long, narrow kind too. Maybe tomorrow

Comment

depends on your personal choice
                      Ta for that sexy pig walk video V, I won't need to look at xnxx.com tonight.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X