• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Google is bluddy useful at solving what I meant when I hastily mistyped some note ages ago and can't understand them. cnat corse instantly came up as can't cross.
    Lifehack!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Tea has been the rest of Tuesday's scouse with a couple of bits of white bread. Extremely nice

I didn't freeze it because I'm short on room in the freezer, again. I need to remember not to get stuff when I go shopping, so I can use up what's in there
      You & me both.

It's the 2 litres of frozen cooked apple that I'm wondering how to deal with.

Maybe some sort of saw?

Not one of the late Strangelove Mater's better freezing ideas.

Tea this evening was lentil <pfffft> soup, sans salt as per the current usual.

It was ok, followed by some stewed gooseberries and custard.

I'm just about at the end of the BBE July 2017 custard powder, so this little bit of joy will end this weekend sometime.

This evening's televisuall feast was "World War Weird" on "Yesterday" which included a spot on the M9 gun director which apparently was inspired by someone's dream.

Ready. Aim. Fire. - CHM Revolution

I'd conflated it with the SCR-584 radar controlled gun of the same vintage which had appeared in some other programme recently (as in the last 6 months or so).

SCR-584 radar - Wikipedia

In other news, I still can't find those PCB masks anywhere, they don't appear to be in the garage & I can't find them in the house.

They must be in work but feck nose where.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Y

In other news, I still can't find those PCB masks anywhere, they don't appear to be in the garage & I can't find them in the house.

They must be in work but feck nose where.
        In the last place you look?

Comment

Just popped out the back to trundle forth the recycling bin. Rather chilly out there now; 7°C and falling

Comment

Just popped out the back to trundle forth the recycling bin. Rather chilly out there now; 7°C and falling
            Wot ? - You are? - pull the big red switch! FFS!

Comment

Rather chilly out there now; 7°C and falling
              You must be further north than me . 11'C in conservatory which has door wide open due to son's gf's damn cats.

22'C in my office. Dunno why, not had any form of heating on. Must be all the farting.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tonight's movie magic was Gangster Squad (2013), in which the eponymous squad take on a mob boss who's taking over 1949 Los Angeles. Bit of a cross between noir and action flick, which I found quite entertaining overall

And a bit of The West Wing to round the night off. Might as well get through it now I've started

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Day 35 of permydom!

It's becoming daylight here in Bolton on't 'ill. Sky is a funny pink colour - it's not raining or windy!

Leave at 13:00 today, one of the benefits of working for an engineering company!

Will be home by 13:15 - one of the benefits of living 6 miles from work!

Currently writing some firmware for my RS422 sniffer - which is nice, Atmel Studio 7.0 is really quite a nice tool to use! 32k of program space, 8k of RAM

Not back in the office until next Thursday - which is very nice, although I've a sneaking suspicion that I'll be in Worcester...

Have a good day all and enjoy your weekend.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Warmish side of chilly.

Calm as a calm thing.

Dawn's rosy fingers have just been replaced by the orange orb rising slowly over Margam.

It almost looks like something out of Blade Runner.

Where's the chick saying "Do you like our owl?".

New checkout girl at Sainsbury's Local had never seen anybody pay with an Apple Watch before nor even knew such a thing was possible, and seemed quite excited about it
                    I must admit I've never seen anyone do that in Lidl(tm) either.

Whereas I have seen

Tonight's movie magic was Gangster Squad (2013), in which the eponymous squad take on a mob boss who's taking over 1949 Los Angeles. Bit of a cross between noir and action flick, which I found quite entertaining overall
                    Rather enjoyable in a film noir sort of way.

Still no chick with an owl, and the sun is rising.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 October 2018, 07:02.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                      Clear blue skies and some ground frost this morning - the grass was crunchy on parts of the walk.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X