• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No word from the good doctor tonight. Hope his haddock was OK

I'm still feeling a little under the weather from this mild seaside lurgy

Goodnight all
    Tuesdays mean I'm stuck in Ye New Slough of Despond until 17:05 or so, after which I get home at about 18:00 ish.

Caught a T6 last night, so zoooooooom zooooooom zooooooom.

Tea, aka "dinner" was M&S breaded battered haddock, which was very nice, followed by some custard with stewed blackberries and 2/3rds of a Tesco "citrus fruit" which was about to go blue, so I cut the almost blue bits off & ate the rest.

The evening's entertainment was provided by "Mr Nice" with Rhys Ifans, being the life story of a Welsh drug dealer Howard Marks, the drug of choice being marijuana rather than the other lot, who were the suppliers of choice LSD in west Wales.

Mr. Nice (2010) - IMDb

It was rather interesting.

Today's data points for the laundry room are 12.1 deg, with an 8.8 deg min.

Dry.

A bit windy.

Grey.

Sun came up over Margam only to disappear into the murk.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      =

The evening's entertainment was provided by "Mr Nice" with Rhys Ifans, being the life story of a Welsh drug dealer Howard Marks, the drug of choice being marijuana rather than the other lot, who were the suppliers of choice LSD in west Wales.

I have a copy of that book signed by Howard Marks....

Comment

Morning denizens

Thin sunlight out, being strained through dappled bits of cloud; already about 12°C out there, though it supposedly won't get much warmer

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          I have a copy of that book signed by Howard Marks....
          Me too.

I have, of course, never read it & have absoluckingfutely no idea where it might be.

I was wondering the same thing about a copy of Paul Allen's autobiog that I used to have.

Currently being irritated by the howling noise from the door of my office caused by the wind outside & one of the lab windows being open.

Though this last doesn't make much difference since it can howl like a werewolf merely because of the heat recovery system.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Me too.

I have, of course, never read it & have absoluckingfutely no idea where it might be.

I was wondering the same thing about a copy of Paul Allen's autobiog that I used to have.

Currently being irritated by the howling noise from the door of my office caused by the wind outside & one of the lab windows being open.

Though this last doesn't make much difference since it can howl like a werewolf merely because of the heat recovery system.
            What frequency range does a werewolf howl in??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              I don’t know, but it hertz.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                I don’t know, but it hertz.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  Dunno but it's damned irritating.

All the doors do it, depending on the strength of the wind and its direction.

<hiatus>

Stone me, half an hour of actual work & I'm exhausted.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 November 2018, 11:47.

Comment

Pâté on toast for lunch; and I see I failed to record it yesterday when I had the same thing, though that was wholemeal toast and this was white

Comment

Anyone else here shocked that NF actually made a coding mistake once?

Comment

Working...
                      X