• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    When Wispa was launched in the North East in 81 they sold out within hours whenever stock arrived.
    Yes, they trialled up there before launching nationally in 1983. Apparently they were then withdrawn for some reason, then reintroduced as a “limited edition”, and sold so well the second time that they were kept on permanently. A chequered history

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Much prefer a Wispa to an Aero. The chocolate has a much nicer mouth feel and smoother aftertaste.

I tend to buy the mini bars in multi packs. Just the perfect amount for satisfying a chocolate craving.
    Yes, they seem just about right in that size

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Just had a Wispa

I always had anomalous feelings about the Wispa, as on their launch in 1983 they seemed like something of a ripoff of Aero, which made me suspicious of their motives. I hadn’t had one in years, but when I was down south for the conference the other week the multipacks were on offer in Sainsbury’s Local, so I got some. They’re quite nice actually.
      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Much prefer a Wispa to an Aero. The chocolate has a much nicer mouth feel and smoother aftertaste.

I tend to buy the mini bars in multi packs. Just the perfect amount for satisfying a chocolate craving.
      Yes, they trialled up there before launching nationally in 1983. Apparently they were then withdrawn for some reason, then reintroduced as a “limited edition”, and sold so well the second time that they were kept on permanently. A chequered history

And now I want chocolate.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I spotted a plane going over very high up earlier on, leaving a nice dual vapour trail, heading roughly WNW. Checking it out on Flightradar24, I found it was going from Paris CDG to Mexico City. Bet the passengers never realised such a journey would take them over the East Midlands

Comment

From memory that isn't the story I heard. The first run was so successful that Cadbury couldn't do the usual approach of quietly disappearing from sale, they had to do a second batch to satisfy demand and explain that they weren't going to be available permanently.

It's much the same with Creme Eggs - the manufacturing line runs full time to satisfy the 3-4 months of demand. Our corner shop did however start selling them last Saturday (his cash and carry got stock on Friday night).
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            From memory that isn't the story I heard. The first run was so successful that Cadbury couldn't do the usual approach of quietly disappearing from sale, they had to do a second batch to satisfy demand and explain that they weren't going to be available permanently.

It's much the same with Creme Eggs - the manufacturing line runs full time to satisfy the 3-4 months of demand. Our corner shop did however start selling them last Saturday (his cash and carry got stock on Friday night).
            I’m going from the timeline described at Wispa - Wikipedia but of course that’s only as reliable as the sources cited.

Comment

Two humongous portions of lamb stew have been stashed in the freezer

One of them had to go in the area usually reserved for bread, but that’s OK as I’m slightly low on bread so there’s plenty of room there.

Now that’s sorted out, I can start thinking about what to have for dinner…

Comment

Baked cod with a panko crust and cauli cheese for dinner. (all made from scratch)
                Well, that’s what it will be when it’s cooked.

So time for another episode of Giri/Haji while The Wife (tm) is at yoga (she didn’t enjoy the first episode of it, so I’m watching it when she’s not around)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

HWMBO is cooking guinea fowl for dinner.

He assures me it came from Sainsbury's...

Comment

Chicken bhuna out of the freezer with rice and naan for me

Getting very chilly out; already down to 2°

Comment

a thucculent thirloin thteak with chips and chestnut mushrooms.
                      horseradish and HP.

luvverly grub.

and a nice rioja.

now watching 'hunt vs lauda' on bbc4

Comment

Working...
                      X