• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Shopping done!

Including that most important purchase of the season: the Christmas issue of Viz
    Not as good as it used to be*

* Viz themselves have been saying that since about the second issue.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Which is where you are wrong. I feel sorry for you if happiness revolves around refined sugar. Any "happiness" is due to the withdrawal symptoms leaving.

Try and give it up. Its worse than giving up crack. But after a month you feel much better.

And you can eat all the dates, grapes, etc. you want....
      That's not what I said at all.

I said a bit every now and then. A treat, not a daily habit.

I get just as much of this perceived 'happiness' you allude to from a very nice bit of meat, a well made cocktail, or a beautiful sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I am with the one who unfriended. I go to facebook to get away from politics and other nonsense. Anyone who makes political comments gets defriended.

Facebook it for family pictures and posts about cats......
        I don't think that was her reason for unfriending but, yes, I can see your point.

I deleted my FB account about a year ago and am much happier for it.

Comment

There's the walk/stagger up to the viewless point done for the day.

I must be getting old coz back in the day it used to be limited by shortness of breath and heart rate.

Now it's limited by having to stop every now and again coz the legs hurt.

The shop for a loaf of bread (pumpkin seed) in Morrisons was trying due to the length of the queues with the new "improved" tills.

Said tills were designed by an ergonomic genius who has never had to operate a till.

Improving things by making them worse.

It was ever thus.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

By the way, those who still eat chocolate and who also shop at Sainsbury’s should be aware that at the moment, they have a reduction to £1 on a variety of chocolate bar 4x multipacks, while the corresponding 8x multipacks remain at their normal price of £2.50. So if you’re in the habit of popping an 8x in your basket, it’s worth checking to see if you can save ten bob by getting two 4x instead

Comment

Light lunch of sausages in finger rolls. I haven’t had them in a while; this grave omission has now been rectified

Comment

By the way, those who still eat chocolate and who also shop at Sainsbury’s should be aware that at the moment, they have a reduction to £1 on a variety of chocolate bar 4x multipacks, while the corresponding 8x multipacks remain at their normal price of £2.50. So if you’re in the habit of popping an 8x in your basket, it’s worth checking to see if you can save ten bob by getting two 4x instead
                "10 bob"

Are you me?

I recall confusing someone by saying a spanner (or whatever) was 30 bob.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  what's giving up crack like then?

and why give up anything if you don't want to?
                  Easier than giving up refined sugar.

And I do want to give these things up. Even if it does prolong the misery of life.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    "10 bob"

Are you me?

I recall confusing someone by saying a spanner (or whatever) was 30 bob.
                    I still use such references quite often. “Ten bob” is generally more mellifluous than “fifty pee”, or even “fifty pence”

Comment

I still use such references quite often. “Ten bob” is generally more mellifluous than “fifty pee”, or even “fifty pence”
                      Its those guinea pigs that get me. Pogle paid £6 recently! Inflation......

Comment

Working...
                      X