• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinner was breaded haddock <non chunky, but large> from the good captain, with auntie's chips and the captains peas.

very nice indeed.

with a drop of chablis, as it's thursday.

Comment

Bit of a change for dinner tonight: toad in the hole, with onion gravy, chips, and peas. Very nice indeed

The TitH was via my Mum, who orders a lot of stuff (both fresh and frozen, I think) from some Scottish butcher. This was frozen, and passed on to me by her when I was down there the other month. It was very good - better than I expected, in fact

And I sautéed the sliced onion for the gravy for about forty-five minutes, stirring frequently, so it caramelised nicely

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The TitH was via my Mum, who orders a lot of stuff (both fresh and frozen, I think) from some Scottish butcher.
        Here’s the chap: Donald Russell - Scotland's Finest Butcher

Comment

Now watching "How to stop your nuisance calls" on 5.

Swansea is starring.

tuliphole that it is.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Bit of a change for dinner tonight: toad in the hole, with onion gravy, chips, and peas. Very nice indeed
          Damn.

I could have had that yesterday but those 3 toads looked really pissed off and no mistake.

Still raining.

<hiatus>

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          The evening's entertainment following doing the dishes and a shower is expected to be BTVS S6 E3 & 4, Angel S3 E3 & 4.
          Duly watched.

S6 is very angsty.

And not improved by the little Big Bad being the Trio, with the big Big Bad being Willow.

I miss the relentless cheerfulness of the Buffybot.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 November 2019, 08:47.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had a lovely evening out, catching up with s friend I haven't seen for a while.

We went to Bubbledogs in Fitzrovia. They serve hot dogs and champagne!

HWMBO had to occupy himself for a while and went to some Tumi event on Regents Street and scored himself a free RFID blocking wallet and two glasses of passable prosecco.

We all then met up and got into a bar on our third attempt (first being The Blind Pig, the second was Bob Bob Ricard). I knew my poorly used membership (it was free) of Disrepute would eventually come in handy.

Comment

I was going to get an early night, but what with the shopping having been done today I instead went for three episodes of S2 of The Wire, leaving just two to go. So it was E8 Duck and Cover (TV Episode 2003), E9 Stray Rounds (TV Episode 2003), and E10 Storm Warnings (TV Episode 2003). I do like the character of Brother Mouzone

Rain has arrived. It should stop in a bit, then come back tomorrow afternoon. So I could have gone shopping tomorrow morning after all, if the forecast proves reliable

Goodnight all

Comment

morning

overcast with some blue bits this morning

tfif

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  morning

overcast with some blue bits this morning

tfif

Sorry, thought you said Blue Tits.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all

Grey, relentlessly grey.

No current precipitation.

Grey.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Not very windy.

Lunchtime baked beans will cure that.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment