• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch was baked beans on the crust of a Morrisons pumpkin seed loaf toasted.

It was very nice & all the better for being the crust.

After which came some Freecell, followed by a stagger up to the viewless point since the drizzle/downpour/murrain of beasts had fecked off for a while.

Spoke to six people on the stagger today which is rather more than usual.

The drizzle recommenced on the way back down.

From sounds reverberating around the valley, boyo, there's tidy then, a Chinook made its way towards the Beacons.

Couldn't see it because the low cloud & mist.

Rather them than me on day like this.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the plebs lounge at T5. By the end of the year I'll be allowed in the snooty lounge. I doubt I will ever get into the posh lounge unless I fly first class again. There are better carriers for first class than BA.

Had a bit of curry and rice and a passable ginger cake. Only one G&T down so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        In the plebs lounge at T5. By the end of the year I'll be allowed in the snooty lounge. I doubt I will ever get into the posh lounge unless I fly first class again. There are better carriers for first class than BA.

Had a bit of curry and rice and a passable ginger cake. Only one G&T down so far.
        Do they still have Brockmans Gin in there?

And is it heaving as ever?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea this evening was the last of Sunday's roast beef with carrots & onions.

I went completely overboard with the amount of Marmite and hot smoked paprika but it was still pretty nice.

Now finishing off with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Once I've done the dishes it's time for Yet More BTVS and Angel, taking us to S4E19 and S1E19 respectively.

Faith has reappeared in S1E18.

She's a very bad girl indeed.

Wesley will never be the same again.

Whilst listening to PM I was introduced to the concept that not succeeding fast enough is failure.

Still attempting to get my head around that one.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 November 2019, 18:10.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Do they still have Brockmans Gin in there?

And is it heaving as ever?
            Choice of Tanqueray or Gordon's. I miss the Bombay Sapphire but Tanq is good enough

I have never seen Brockmans in a BA lounge. Maybe that's in the snooty lounge?

When I was last in the Concorde Room, I was necking the fizz so didn't bother looking at the gin offering

North Galleries is always a zoo but the South isn't so bad today.

Comment

In other news, the murrain of beasts has returned.

Comment

And! I didn't realise until I was sat in the lounge that I had forgotten to take my liquids bag out of my handbag for security.

Not the first time such things have happened

They are trialling the new CT scanners at T5 which will bring an end to unpacking for security but the trial lanes were shut... I do love the inconsistency

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  In other news, the murrain of beasts has returned.
                  It’s coming and going here, but looks like it’ll be a bit steadier on the side of the downpour overnight

Comment

Bon voyage!

And! I didn't realise until I was sat in the lounge that I had forgotten to take my liquids bag out of my handbag for security.
                    That is, if you manage to make it out of the country

Comment

fish pie for dinner <again>.

i know, but i Do like it, and it's easy.

with a nice sauvignon blanc.

tv's pish, again.

oh, well.

Comment

Working...
                      X