• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    White cabbage purchased along with some eggs.

However stocks of M&S breaded or battered chunky haddock were completely depleted so M&S battered cod had to do instead.

The stagger up to the viewless point was undertaken, though I nearly fell on my arse whilst clambering back down again..

It's now completely grey and looking very much as if it's about to rain.

Lunch was the poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons pumpkin seed toast.

It was very nice.

I buy the brand known as "Tesco".

The simple one with two dials because I've reached the stage.
    Waitrose chunky haddock in beer batter is recommended

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Casual observation suggests that women are more likely than men to make a slight detour to cross the road at the pedestrian crossing then walk back in the same direction they came from on the other side, rather than trying to run across the road through a gap in the traffic twenty yards or so from said crossing

Anyway, I should stop gazing out of the window and get some stuff done

They’ve all got their big coats on out there today.
      I’ve obviously not been spotted charging across four lanes of traffic in aldwych

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
        I’ve obviously not been spotted charging across four lanes of traffic in aldwych
        Unlike Odin on his throne, I can’t see the 90 miles or so from here to there

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
          Waitrose chunky haddock in beer batter is recommended
          Bit of a long way to go for some fish since the nearest one is in Cardiff.

The bonfire has consumed the unwanted detritus though it's choked on the assorted brambles and such like.

I can't be arsed to stay down there in the dark so what burns will burn and what doesn't will go the next time.

<hiatus>

Tea this evening was M&S battered haddock (last chunk).

It was nice enough.

The 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea was satisfying.

The battle outside has resumed.

So far the yield of each device has been much lower than yesterday's kiloton, probably today's are about 0.1kt.

Found an expended round from yesterday's display which was made of thick plastic, obviously a rocket part of a one of those things that shoots up & explodes.

Not the sort of thing you'd want to hit you & no mistake.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 November 2019, 18:56.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Found an expended round from yesterday's display which was made of thick plastic, obviously a rocket part of a one of those things that shoots up & explodes.

Not the sort of thing you'd want to hit you & no mistake.
            Back in the 1980s I was out on Spinney Hill Park for a council-run fireworks display with a bunch of friends. It was a fairly rainy night but there were a lot of people out there, including various groups of youths who apparently didn’t have the patience to wait for the real thing to start and were letting off random fireworks in the crowd. (It’s a big park and we were all near the top of the hill rather than down in the proper enclosure, so no stewards or whatever around.)

As we stood there chatting, a mate of mine suddenly let out a yell and grabbed me, pulling me sideways towards him. As he did so, a big burning yellow ball, maybe an inch or two across, plummeted into the earth right where I’d been standing at a rate of knots, burying itself four or five inches deep in the mud where it continued to burn and hiss furiously for a few more seconds

If my mate hadn’t glanced up and spotted it coming down, it would have hit me right on the head. So a big thank you to him for that

Comment

Not having firework night parties anymore is the thing I miss most about moving to that London.

I used to buy hooooge fireworks (rockets are my favourite) and set them up at the end of my garden, invite friends and family over with their left over pumpkins and unwanted soft toys and a jolly good mess was made of my back garden.

I remember one year we packed some fireworks into a pumpkin, it went BANG! (as expected) and about 2-3 seconds later heard the 'lid' of the pumpkin land on my shed roof

Yes, my neighbours were very understanding. It was only once a year though and always finished by 9pm.

Comment

could've been worse.
                4 inch mortars can be a bit unsettling.

dinner has been s&K pie <pukka>
                the lurgy has returned with a vengeance, so i've had to postpone birthday frolics until i can actually enjoy them.

pie was nice though.

time for toddy

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Just popped out the back. The mystery bicycle is still where I left it

The local fireworks impresarios seem to be winding down now. Occasional bangs, but no proper fusillades for a while

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    If my mate hadn’t glanced up and spotted it coming down, it would have hit me right on the head. So a big thank you to him for that
                    Reminds me of a chap I worked with who looked up on one November 5th and got hit in the eye by one of those helicopter things you could get back in the day.

Blinded in one eye as a result.

TV has been BTVS and Angel, now supplemented by Dr Pimple Popper.

An unfortunate lady with neurofibromatosis.

Inherited from her father and her brother has it rather worse.

^^ Serrated scissors, scalpel, CO2 laser.

Now we're onto a chap with a big feckoff cyst.

Bet there's going to be some tulipe coming out of that.

Just to add to his anxiety his friend went into hospital with tonsillitis and came back out in a box.

Dr thought it was a lipoma but it's a big feckoff cyst.

Ooops.

Pass the kidney dish quick.

Next it's a chap with a big feck off lipoma on the back of his neck.

He's being operated on with his two daughters observing.

Well made I larf.

Now a lady who used to be a gentleman who wants thread veins removed from her legs.

Stone me, that was nasty.

In other news, the house up the road opposite the cemetery is up for sale at £286k.

I wonder if the murder will make any difference.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 November 2019, 22:55.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Onwards with I, Claudius: Queen of Heaven (TV Episode 1976), and Reign of Terror (TV Episode 1976). Honestly, it’s surprising the Romans managed as much as they did given the amount of time and effort the people in charge devoted to plotting against and killing one another

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X