• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot dog for lunch

The rain seems to be easing off a little and there’s even a very tiny blue gap between the clouds in the south-east. I daresay it’s keeping itself in reserve ready for when I go to the Chinese later

Comment

Reading above I am disgusted that nobody seems to consider the feelings of poor little socks facing life alone.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Reading above I am disgusted that nobody seems to consider the feelings of poor little socks facing life alone.
        I fished out several socks that had somehow managed to inveigle themselves between the drum & the casing of washing machines and spin drier.

It was tricky but I did it.

Along with an extremely elderly pair of knickers that looked like they'd festered in the spin drier for 10 years.

Lunch today was particularly unappealing as it consisted of a tin of Cross & Blackwell carrot & quinoa soup which was tasteless & the addition of some rice to bulk it up a bit rendered it even more unpleasant.

Thankfully the 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea made up for it.

Won't be repeating that again.

Since I came home the rain hasn't stopped, it being grey, miserable, damp, cold, and unpleasant out there.

Tea this evening will be the last of those bols I found hiding in the freezer cabinet of the fridge the other week.

Left the door of the fridge in the salting house ajar yesterday after putting a cauliflower away.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

My washing machine has never disappeared a sock

I thought it had earlier this year, but then I found I’d dropped the missing one behind the laundry basket.

Comment

Speaking of laundry, the richly-coloured towel wash is on.

I have some towels that have strong colours, and some that are more pastel. So I use them in strict rotation such that the colourful ones are all due for washing while the lighter ones are available for use, and vice versa

Comment

I bought some of those things to stand on when you get out of the bath.

From Lidl(tm).

They're bright orange.

Should you be so incautious as to wash them with anything else everything comes out bright orange.

Which was amusing until it all washed out again and returned to the normal off white.

Saw some odd waspy behaviour on yesterday's stagger: to whit a grave stone with a little queue of wasps up it.

I have no idea what they were doing.

Posited a mating flight but they looked too small to be queens.

Maybe they were the drones.

Apparently not according to wiki.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I bought some of those things to stand on when you get out of the bath.

From Lidl(tm).

They're bright orange.

Should you be so incautious as to wash them with anything else everything comes out bright orange.

Which was amusing until it all washed out again and returned to the normal off white.
                I think my towels are too old and washed-up to leach out any colour in the wash, but I stick to keeping them separate anyway as it’s habit by now

Comment

I think you have mis-read the posts. I care too much.....

Comment

There are support groups for those unfortunate socks....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                      There are support groups for those unfortunate socks....

Comment

Working...
                      X