• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight’s movie premiere was one of those that I figured almost certainly wasn’t a premiere because it’s been around so long that I must have seen it before, but it turned out I’d somehow missed it all these years so it was a premiere after all for The Exorcist (1973) - the Extended Director’s Cut, it claimed to be. Excellent stuff, I thought; it even made me jump on several occasions

And after that, a more laid-back and soothing tone with Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015), in which lots of things happen but none them involve vomiting bile at priests. The bit that’s supposed to be at the big train station is actually at the part of Excel where the AWS Summit that I attend most years happens (the trains are CGI-ed in in post) which always amuses me because the milling crowd is distinctly more fashionably dressed than the crowd I usually see milling about there, and I always park in the bit of the “parking garage” where Benji gets kidnapped, and nothing like that ever really happens down there; it’s actually quite dull

Goodnight all

Comment

I don't do horror & certainly wouldn't be watching The Exorcist at that time on night.

Morning all

Was awakened at 05:30 by Ye Crack of Doome which went off like a small nuclear device & took out the local FM transmitter which is still off the air so it must have been impressive.

Didn't notice a flash so I assume it must have been some distance away though it sounded like it was just outside.

Have pressed a wireless with Long Wave available into use to listen to Ye Today Programme, though quite why I bothered I dont know since all it talked about was rugger and that Matthew Paris has jumped ship to the LibDems having finally had enough of the Fourth Reich takeover of the Tory Party.

Despite the rives of water in both gutters of the road, there's a CBS and the sun is shining nicely, while it's warmer today, being 16 deg C in here at the moment.

Oh, and the porridge boiled over in the microwave so I've got that to clean up too.

I hate it when that happens.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning

hissing it down in soggy sarf herts.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Despite the rives of water in both gutters of the road, there's a CBS and the sun is shining nicely, while it's warmer today, being 16 deg C in here at the moment.
          That was then, it clouded over as I left the house but no current precipitation is detectable.

Now sat in with the hoi polloi.

For some odd reason the room was full and I'm sat right next to the flatulent one.

Time to do a little shopping.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tonight’s movie premiere was one of those that I figured almost certainly wasn’t a premiere because it’s been around so long that I must have seen it before, but it turned out I’d somehow missed it all these years so it was a premiere after all for The Exorcist (1973) - the Extended Director’s Cut, it claimed to be. Excellent stuff, I thought; it even made me jump on several occasions

I watched that many, many years ago and was probably too young for it at the time too.

I seem to remember seeing her eyes a lot in dreams for a few weeks afterwards. Can still see them now if I think about it. Oh and that scene where she's bent over backwards scurrying around before she goes completely doolally. Seem to recall her licking an ankle or something? Not sure if that's something I've made up/misremembered.

Anyone who's ever seen it will forever associate Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells with that photo used for marketing of the priest at the bottom of the steps looking up at the house.

Comment

What a difference a day makes!

Yesterday evening was quite pleasant, almost balmy, on my way home from the cinema. This morning it's dark, cold, windy and persisting it down quite persistently.

My plan was to walk up to the garage to pay for my car and find out where they parked it* then pootle around the diddy farmers market they have near Notting Hill Station. The weather is so very foul that I got the bus to the garage and came straight home.

*the good thing about a RBKC parking permit is that you can park anywhere in the borough, so the garage doesn't need to waste space for parking customers' cars but it can sometimes mean a bit of trek if they didn't get lucky with a decently located parking space - today was good, just one street along

Comment

I am a tad disappointed by the rugby. But relative to so many other things it seems trivial.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rainy grey day out

And it’s only 9°C out there - when I went out the back last night around half nine, it was 14°

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

Rainy grey day out

And it’s only 9°C out there - when I went out the back last night around half nine, it was 14°
                    I hate those days when it gets colder during the day.

Though not as much as I hate it when my washing comes out of the machine and I am missing a sock!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Oh and that scene where she's bent over backwards scurrying around before she goes completely doolally. Seem to recall her licking an ankle or something? Not sure if that's something I've made up/misremembered.
                      Yes, that’s a good bit

I don’t recall her licking anything in that mode, though a large quantity of blood oozes from her mouth

Comment

Working...
                      X