• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Towel wash done, and towels hung on the clothes horse to dry overnight

Comment

Watching this at the moment:

BBC iPlayer - Panorama - Secrets of the Seduction Bootcamp

Oh crikey it's making me mad. If one of those guys ever dares to approach me, they'll get a kick in the nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Lunch today was particularly unappealing as it consisted of a tin of Cross & Blackwell carrot & quinoa soup which was tasteless & the addition of some rice to bulk it up a bit rendered it even more unpleasant.
        The spag bol was equally if not more unpleasant.

The bol must have come from a different batch from last week's since it was bland and uninteresting, without a hint of chili.

The spag tasted odd and the portion control was defective so for the first time ever there was too much.

The rice pud was reasonable.

Once more the 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea made up for it.

Today's viewing kicks off with "Hush" the BTVS ep where they all lose the power of speech.

It really is laugh out loud funny in parts.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

the curry was, IIMSS, fecking wonderful!
          i get the spice mix from a malay/dutch friend.
          it's her mother's family recipe.

blindingly tasty and aromatic.

's a hard life, so it is.

oh, and the rest of the Rioja.

tv's sh1t again

Comment

Currently watching "Great British Car Journey" on 4.

Axmouth to Lincoln along the Fosse Way (or some of it) this week.

Rather fewer lunatic rally drivers, racing drivers and motorcycle sidecar racers this week, unlike the one last week through the Borders.

Comment

Currently watching "Great British Car Journey" on 4.

Axmouth to Lincoln along the Fosse Way (or some of it) this week.

Rather fewer lunatic rally drivers, racing drivers and motorcycle sidecar racers this week, unlike the one last week through the Borders.
              They’ll come past me - I live on the Fosse Way

And I ended up ambling down the Fosse Way to the Chinese early tonight, as a friend got in touch to suggest meeting up for a pint in a bit. So things have been a bit rushed, but it was very nice as always

And I’m off out in about ten minutes

There was a crashed car blocking an inbound lane by the pedestrian crossing down by the Co-op, with a police van waiting there, presumably for a recovery thing to come and take it away

Suppose I’d better get ready to head out. Bye for now

Comment

I used to drive part of the Fosse Way when I worked in Rugby.

Was awakened at 05:30 by Ye Crack of Doome which went off like a small nuclear device & took out the local FM transmitter which is still off the air so it must have been impressive.
                It came back some time this afternoon.

Watched the BTVS eps deftly interleaved with the Angel eps as is only right and proper.

Now watching the Oak Island nutjobs that I missed last Sunday.

Comment

I used to drive part of the Fosse Way when I worked in Rugby.
                  There’s a lot of it about. I can’t remember if it’s the longest Roman Road, but I remember it’s the straightest - never more than six miles away from a straight line between some place in Somerset and Lincoln

I often think about Roman legions marching past here all those years ago as I look down at the road, and the more day-to-day traffic of carts and such that must have gone past. It’s strange to think that for nearly a couple of thousand years people have been going back and forth out there. I haven’t seen any ghostly centurions marching past though.

The excursion to the pub was enjoyable. My photographer friend has been over in Skegness, having been commissioned to take photos at the factory where they make those small rides for children one finds outside supermarkets and suchlike places - you know, sit your toddler on the elephant, shove 50p in the slot, and it rocks back and forth for a couple of minutes, much to the delight of the toddler and the wistful longing for a time when life was simpler of the parent. So if you’ve ever seen one and wondered where they come from, they’re handmade in Skegness

Comment

Wow another completely contrasting morning.

7 degrees. No wind. Sunny. Wispy high cloud.

Car started!

Comment

Morning all

Sunny.

Dry.

No current precipitation.

Simpsonsesque sky.

No good shall come of this.

16.3 deg in here this morning.

I recorded the Oak Island nutjobs so I can fast forward through it ignoring the vast amount of dross.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 November 2019, 10:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X