• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It rained earlier. But dry and sunny now.

Read in ES. Well - I did the puzzle page. In Broadgate Square.

Seems there is some sort of trade conference going on. Some people are protesting about democracy in Sierra Leone.

My brother fought is SL. It was his worst tour of duty. It was the shortest. Others were bad. But fighting children is unpleasant.....

Comment

Blue skies and sunshine here now, and one less squirrel to bother me Also confirmation that my cycling tool is accurate to a squirrel's eye at 25m.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Blue skies and sunshine here now, and one less squirrel to bother me Also confirmation that my cycling tool is accurate to a squirrel's eye at 25m.
        so is my black widow with 8mm steel balls

Comment

Some brambles massacred.

I left the ones with flowers on since the bees will like them.

The blue cornflowers (at least that's what I think they are) are covered in very enthusiastic bumble bees, as is the wild rose in the front garden.

There's another white wild rose blossoming on next door's garden path.

It's as lovely as the red one in my front garden but the bush is about a 50th of the size.

One has just become empassported at some time this afternoon.

Feck me that's an ugly mother****er in the photo.

I was looking at myself in the optician's office.

Feck me that's an ugly old mother****er in the mirror.

The goosegrass is decimated.

The raspberry canes are covered in fecking honeysuckle and once the bees are done with it I'll massacre that too.

Gooseberries are approaching something like edible.

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Social worker assessing my partner for respite care, after two months of fighting with the local council bureacracy.
          so i'm keeping quiet in my office for a bit.
          It's a right bitch that.

Not something I'd care to go through again.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home!

Lunch was very nice - gammon and pineapple with chips and peas in the garden centre restaurant. Very good quality ingredients, and very well prepared

And then I got to lug some compost and other things about

Oh, and sorted out some configuration issues with my Dad's new computer

Need a rest after that lot.

Comment

Tea/dinner this evening was more of the beef carrots & onions thing.

Never made it twice in a week before but it was very nice.

It's forecast to rain tomorrow so I'm planning a nice bonfire.

I've got vanities piled up ready.

And goosegrass.

And brambles.

And a shedload of other tulipe.

Comment

and chianti.

and probably some appletons rum later.

feck it.

Comment

Assorted bits of junk disposed of via the medium of the household waste bin, it being non-recyclable stuff and not excessively bulky. Helps to clear out some space though.

And the very last of the magazines that are going (for now) have been bagged up ready to travel with me to Sainsbury's tomorrow.

Not sure what to have for dinner, as I had a proper meal at lunchtime. Soup seems like a viable option; but which soup?

Comment

Currently watching 63 up.

Feck me that barrister chap was a right prick when he was a kid.

It was pouring with rain about 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Not sure what to have for dinner, as I had a proper meal at lunchtime. Soup seems like a viable option; but which soup?
                      Scotch broth from February turned out to be the answer, with a thick crusty wodge of wholemeal bread. Very tasty, particularly because I seem to have gone absolutely berserk with the pepper grinder when making that soup

In other food-related news, the new shawarma shop over the road has re-opened "under new management"

Comment

Working...
                      X