• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I may have a cold.

Nose so blocked I have resorted to sniffing Vaporub straight out of the little tub.

<- manly

Comment

Another pile of junk gone through and largely disposed of - well, shredded for the most part

This was assorted stuff that had previously been Put To One Side To Go Through Later, maybe two years ago or so. Since then it's remained on a battered old coffee table which I have decided is surplus to requirements, on the grounds that I haven't missed it when it was unavailable to me for however long it's been, and most of the stuff on it needs to be got rid of too

One fairly small box has proved adequate to hold most of the stuff that isn't going right now, so that it can be Gone Through Later

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

This evening's entertainment, following on from the roast lamb which was very nice, began with "Frantic" with Harrison Ford which lasted a whole 10 minutes before being replaced by "In the line of fire" with Clint Eastwood, John Malkovich, and Rene Russo.

In the Line of Fire (1993) - IMDb

It's many years since I watched it all the way through & it holds up as well now as it did in 1993.

Not a Malpaso production, I note.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just achieved a modicum of "tidying" in the living room
          You are a shining example to us all.

Would you be of the opinion that my payslips from 1973 might be surplus to any possible future requirement?
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 October 2018, 21:17.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            I may have a cold.

Nose so blocked I have resorted to sniffing Vaporub straight out of the little tub.

I prescribe hot toddy

Comment

Jerk chicken pattie and chips for dinner, - with hot sauce.
              no, i don't have a cold, - i'm a chilli addict

mind you, - with a hot toddy chaser, it might nuke a cold.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                I prescribe hot toddy
                It's been working well for me since I fell off the proverbial wagon a couple of weeks ago.

The empties are piling up well.

So far I've managed to avoid drinking them at breakfast but it's been a close run thing.

<hic>
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Would you be of the opinion that my payslips from 1973 might be surplus to any possible future requirement?
                  Well, you can't be too careful

Much of what I shredded today was junk mail bearing my address, which I feel vaguely paranoid about putting in the recycling unshredded ever since I learned that a lot of manual sorting of mixed household recycling waste is done by convicts, at least some of whom presumably know something about identity theft

And a large amount of that junk mail comes from an outfit called Funding Circle, who seem to have sent my Ltd. company a letter offering a business loan at least once a month for the last five years

Comment

Tonight's big feature was A Most Violent Year (2014), in which a Brooklyn heating oil business owner fights to keep his company afloat and his family safe in the face of hijackings by hoodlums, competitors who happily buy his hijacked oil, threats of strikes by the Teamsters, legal action by the District Attorney over various matters relating to taxes and weights & measures, and sundry other matters; all while trying not to abandon his own principles. It was pretty good, I thought, and although it has a few fights and such, overall it made a nice change from constant mayhem.

I'm thinking of taking some stuff to the tip tomorrow, assuming I can sort enough of the living room out to make it worthwhile. But I should probably get up a bit earlier than usual if I want to make that happen

Goodnight all

Comment

Good morning all!

Day 32 of permydom.

Bolton on't 'ill.

Very dark.

12 minute commute including stopping off at the cashpoint - which is nice.

Got a couple of online courses to do today - bloody document security policy!!!

Oh well, have a good day all!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X