• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Interesting read thanks!

I also wonder whether it gives people the illusion of control - e.g. they have all these figures so they must be in control.

But if you take step back and ask the question 'How do your actions influence those figures?' then you quickly see that you do just have the illusion of control.

Do people deliberately ignore this fact or do they genuinely not understand do you think?

They probably just don't think things through - they've heard that X is the thing to do, they do what they believe X to be, so they're done. Humans are naturally lazy thinkers, even when they fool themselves into thinking they're not

Comment

Comment

I have to decide which Patak's sauce to use for dinner; I think there's five different ones in the cupboard. Choice is hard

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I have to decide which Patak's sauce to use for dinner; I think there's five different ones in the cupboard. Choice is hard
          Post a poll, let the internet choose for you. It's what it was invented for
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

vindaloo vindaloo, vindaloo

or maybe jalfezi

or madras

or........

Comment

Chicken balti, in the end, with the usual bits

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Post a poll, let the internet choose for you. It's what it was invented for
                I should probably throw some machine learning into the mix too

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                vindaloo vindaloo, vindaloo

or maybe jalfezi

or madras

or........
                One thing I forgot to mention is that best before dates were a factor. That being said, in the end I went for

Chicken balti, in the end, with the usual bits
                even though it wasn't the oldest; but that means I really must make pasanda next time

Comment

No word from the good doctor tonight. Hope his haddock was OK

I'm still feeling a little under the weather from this mild seaside lurgy

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

This time tomorrow I should be on my way home
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning All

Feel like tulip

Manchester is dull and overcast but quite warm.

Comment

Working...
                      X