• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh.

A dog that can read.

How therefore can we be sure that it's you posting & not her?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Gosh.

A dog that can read.

How therefore can we be sure that it's you posting & not her?
      The dog would make more sense.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Currently listening to Professor Germaine Greer waffling on about Shakespear's Dark Lady.

I'm waiting for Denzel Washington talking about The Equalizer II.

Denzel seemed in good form.

Tea was the usual M&S breaded haddock, which was very nice.

I wish I could stop overcooking it.

Followed by the usual custard with lashings of stewed blackberries.

Which was very nice.

Followed by a search for two HDs that I can't find and may or may not be in work/in a box somewhere/buried in the piles of crap in here somewhere/lost.

Followed by Wednesday's ep of "Carter" which was very mildly amusing and not as interesting as some of the earlier ones.

Took the top off the sky box to have a look inside.

Have identified a stick on heatsink from CPC that might make things better, assuming that overheating the processor is what's up with the damn thing.

It's only £2 so worth a try.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2018, 20:05.

Comment

chucked it dahn all day here, but stopped now.

bacon and cheese flan, chips and peas for dinner.
          with a nice sauvignon blanc

Comment

Tea tonight has been a rack of ribs in smoky BBQ sauce with chips, and damn the calories

The chips were made with the first of this season's Maris Pipers from Suffolk, and came out exceptionally well

East Anglian ones are always the best

Comment

TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

This evening's epic epic was "Bride of Frankenstein" with Boris Karloff and Elsa Lanchester.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0026138/

It was rather good.

And short.

Ms Lanchester was a quite strikingly beautiful lady even as a monster.

Comment

Tonight's main feature was All Is Lost (2013) starring Robert Redford - and only Robert Redford. Seriously, it has a cast of one; and we don't even get to know his character's name, as he's listed only as "Our Man".

He's a yachtsman sailing solo in the Indian Ocean whose boat comes a bit of a cropper. There's no dialog, because there's nobody for him to talk to. There are, in fact, only a few brief words spoken here and there in the entire film, and they tend to be things like "Oh". It's just a matter of watching him trying to survive, and it's absolutely bloody excellent.

And to follow, an episode each of The West Wing and The Good Place.

Time for bed, as I'm heading south for a family barbecue tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Temperature in the living room: 18.8.

Temperature in the laundry room: 13.2, with a min of 12.6.

Winter's on its way.

I'm getting the snow shovel out, ready, like.

Now I've stopped taking antihistamines I have the sensation of itching everywhere.

Ho hum.

In a vain attempt to remove my name from the electoral register using the online system, I can't.

If you remove your name and declare the property empty then you can't pass go.

It's quite remarkable.

So snail mail it is then.

Ok.

So Sas writ this then did he?

In with the hoi polloi by the way.

It's not raining.

Yet.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 August 2018, 09:05.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny, but not excessively hot

My brother's giving me a lift down south for this barbecue. He usually cuts the timing fine and is even a bit late, so this time of course he's going to be very early, when I've had a lie-in because of his expected tardiness. So I've got about twenty minutes to drink my coffee and get ready

Comment

Working...
                      X