• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Afternoon all!

Another day, another crisis as our Exchange 2003 system falls over and takes 48 hours to restore...

It's not like the business have had that flagged as a risk for several years.
    "our?" bloody hekk I sound like a permie.

"Client's" Exchange 2003.

Comment

Been here 8 months now. Steady stuff, not a lot happening, minimal level of effort required to look more competent and professional than most others here.

Can't help but think that my skills are getting a bit dull from lack of use.

Just had a phone interview with a prospective client - about an hour down the road and £50pd more. Sadly I think it'll degenerate into more of the same as I'm doing here.

However, I've just had another call that a prospective client who was trying to do the role they were considering in house actually can't (and so the role is live again). That's a bit more interesting and £100pd more - so fingers crossed...

In the meantime, head down and keep on invoicing!

Comment

"our?" bloody hekk I sound like a permie.

"Client's" Exchange 2003.
        Got to ask what version of Office is on the desktop...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          eat lots of icecream before bed tonight
          Not if he's in Portsmouth.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Got to ask what version of Office is on the desktop...
            2010 - that must have been a quick win...

Clientco have Exchange 2003 and 2010 running in parallel. Normal users are mostly on 2010 but a load of the important stuff in public folders is still on 2003 (including the helpdesk and a fair bit of customer data) because the outage window for migrating them to 2010 was always considered too much to bear by the business. Now they've had the 2003 system down for far longer than that window perhaps they'll sign off the migration project (or perhaps it'll fade away again and things will carry on as before).

Don't even get started on the 100-odd servers still running Server 2000 or 2003, including quite a few web-facing ones. Ouch...

Comment

Gutted.

Went to look at a nice clean little VW Polo.

Low mileage.

Practically next so easy to find.

Someone got there about half an hour before I did.

Ho very hum.

Volkswagen Polo 1.4 ( 75bhp ) 2001MY S | eBay

Comment

<---

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Gutted.

Went to look at a nice clean little VW Polo.

Low mileage.

Practically next so easy to find.

Someone got there about half an hour before I did.

Ho very hum.

Volkswagen Polo 1.4 ( 75bhp ) 2001MY S | eBay
                  Pity - that looked quite tidy.

What are you driving these days zeity? Is the ZeitToyotaCorolla still on the road?

Comment

Pity - that looked quite tidy.

What are you driving these days zeity? Is the ZeitToyotaCorolla still on the road?

Currently driving the ZeitPaterToyotaCorolla1.6TSpiritAuto.

The ZeityToyotaCorolla1.3AutoGoSlower97Reg developed some sort of misfire that I couldn't be arsed to get fixed.

The ZeitFiatSeicento died in flames at the last MOT test for needing more spending than a replacement one would have cost.

Currently looking at a VW Lupo in Fforestfach that might be ok.

It's only 44k, but "needs paint" whatever the feck that means.

The seller has a variety of other vehicles on sale including a Hummer and an XK8. <-get thee behind me satan.

Comment

And as is always the case the newly revealed technology is so near and yet so far
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X