• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to celebrate my not spending endless tedious hours in the slough of despond:

a) it's fecking raining cats & dogs

b) I've got a touch of vertigo, which was quite odd sitting on the bog watching the pattern on the floor apparently going sideways.

Ho very hum.

Oh, and the train was on time this morning.

It's 19.4 deg C in here at the moment, with the laundry room minimum being 15.2, and it's 15.4 in there currently.

The fridge is down to 8 deg C which should keep the milk fresh a bit longer.

I rather enjoyed that sniper thing last night.

I may look out for it in the charity emporia.

Turns out it's a series I've never heard of which began in about 1992.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2018, 07:19.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies earlier, which have now started to cloud over. The Wife (tm) has told me there's a storm due in at 11.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If she's driving a jeep with an alsation dog for company & looks like Sarah Connor, then I think it's time to run for the hills.

Meanwhile the deluge here has paused for a while.

Time to get the washing on.

For a change, the Miele gets to do the 60 deg cottons this week since it reckons it needs a 60 deg wash cycle to kill all the bugs it's harbouring.

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
          Got 45 minutes to kill at Edinburgh Waverley waiting for my train.

So I’ve gone a nearby pub - £5.40 for a pint
          The Guildford? Nice place that though - did you try the Caledonian 80/? Prices are probably because of the fringe - you should keep a short back and sides then this wouldn't happen.

Comment

Just put some stale granary baps out for the jackdaws.

Now the tulipehawks have discovered it.

Ho hum.

I fecking hate tulipehawks.

Time to wander down to town to check emails & suchlike.

First I wandered up to the cemetery to inspect the family graves.

Truly dire.

Even the forgetmenots have died, but the equisetum is doing well on one.

The grandparents' grave is looking a little better but all the bulbs and tulipe I planted seem to have died.

The other grandparents' grave is looking ok coz it's covered in little stones & thusly doesn't need much in the way of upkeep other than a bit of weeding now & again.

Now in the library with the hoi polloi.

Happily it's either too early for Lego or they don't do it on Fridays.

It is Friday innit?

Two days & I've lost track already.

Dunno why, but in the event I want to buy sommat from B&Q, instead of going to the big feckoff one in Llansamlet, I have to go to Merthyr instead.

Which is about a quarter of the size.

Odd.

Then again, it ain't a Diamond Day, so I'll wait until next Wednesday to see if stuff comes back into stock.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 August 2018, 09:24.

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice and grey again

And down to 25°C in the living room!

Comment

Somewhat nervously awaiting lunchtime. Our offshore friends are putting on a 'pot luck' feast. I have a feeling i'll be sweating like a deviant before long.

Comment

I wonder if it would be appropriate to grab a 4-pack to go with it all?

Comment

Rain clouds blew in at 10:56. Rain started at 11:00. Rain has (currently) stopped.

The Wife (tm) was right.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tipping it down here, now

Comment

Working...
                      X