• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    At the airport, heading home
    And away from this cyclist-infested city
    Next stop, Amsterdam???

Comment

About to begin dismantling the crap on my desk ready for the move, whenever that's likely to take place.

No one has told me, naturally enough.

Looks like the 28th, the day after bank holiday.

I'll be bored by then so going in for a little while will be no big thing.

Tea was the remainder of the shoulder of lamb with carrots & onions.

It was okish.

Followed by custard with stewed blackberries.

Quite unusual that.

The temperature behind the fridge turns to be about 33 deg C, which might explain its reduced efficiency.

Plus a long overdue defrosting.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 August 2018, 17:39.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Some foolish spider had chosen to start building its web across the front path at about waist height, between a bush and the railings dividing our path from next door's. I found this out by walking straight through it

I was opening the gate by the time I'd realised what the sensation on my lower arms denoted, and glanced back to see the spider beating a hasty retreat on to the branch from which its severed thread now dangled. Hopefully this experience will persuade it to construct its apparatus of death at some other spot

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Some foolish spider had chosen to start building its web across the front path at about waist height, between a bush and the railings dividing our path from next door's. I found this out by walking straight through it

I was opening the gate by the time I'd realised what the sensation on my lower arms denoted, and glanced back to see the spider beating a hasty retreat on to the branch from which its severed thread now dangled. Hopefully this experience will persuade it to construct its apparatus of death at some other spot
          I very much doubt that, - it's a spider.
          and spiders are good, and should be encouraged.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            I very much doubt that, - it's a spider.
            and spiders are good, and should be encouraged.
            I don't mind it going about its business out there, but it should be encouraged not to build across the front path as it's not going to get away with it for more than a few hours at a time

Comment

Back on the proper food (though still only chewing on one side) now the extraction site is healing up: ribeye steak and chips for tea, and very nice it was

Comment

This evening's televisual feast began with Mark Kermode's "Secrets of Cinema" review of Science Fiction films from BBC4 last evening (and recorded at 02:05 - 03:05 this morning by my television watching device).

It was ok.

The Soviets seem to have made quite a lot of SF.

Followed by last week's ep of "The Bletchley Circle San Francisco" as recorded by the same television watching device.

Thankfully the story wasn't stretched over 4 eps, but it looks like it's set up as 2 x 2, which is betterer.

The top of the fridge reached 33 deg C, but sticking the fan to blow air around the sides reduced it to a mere 24 quite quickly.

I also see that Chan Tho has made another post.

It's the 2nd or 3rd this year.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rain!

Not a lot, but it's a step in the right direction

Comment

currently watching "12 Monkeys" series 2. actually pretty good.

Dinner was sausage & chips (Miss V's bonus)
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's rewatch was Taken (2008), in which Liam Neeson is unable to find a spare seat in a café, or some such.

And after that, a further episode of The West Wing, to advance the "get around to rewatching it all again some time" project.

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X