• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are days when you know you are good at your job.

I just killed off a 1 man year project with 1 comment and 5 minutes of thought. Now it’s a 5 day piece of work
    Last edited by eek; 14 December 2017, 17:57.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sadly this is a 737-800 so I don’t have 40 inches of leg room

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I just killed off a 1 man year project with 1 comment and 5 minutes of thought. Now it’s a 5 day piece of work
        That's most days for me, nothing wrong with knowing your worth.

Problem is, I'm not always listened to.
        That's costs them weeks and weeks of extra work
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Current status is that I sit around for a bit, think “I feel pretty good really”, get up and perform some light activity very slowly for about two minutes, then have to sit down for five or so minutes to get my breath back

But this morning I needed two people to help me get off the bed, so I’m improving

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Current status is that I sit around for a bit, think “I feel pretty good really”, get up and perform some light activity very slowly for about two minutes, then have to sit down for five or so minutes to get my breath back

But this morning I needed two people to help me get off the bed, so I’m improving
            Your spirits seem fine at the very least
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

FTFY (If you were part of a large consultancy)

Originally posted by eek View Post

I just killed off a 1 man year project with 1 comment and 5 minutes of thought. Now it’s a 3 year piece of work for 10 men, which I just happen to have the exact resources available for.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Your spirits seem fine at the very least
                Public school education (on a State scholarship in my case) means I’m inured to a constant background level of misery in a regimented institutional context where people order you to do stuff you wouldn’t do voluntarily

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    FTFY (If you were part of a large consultancy)
                    Thankfully I’m not working for a large consultancy but rather the software supplier. My aim is to provide some sanity (stop laughing all who know me) and bin the current consultancies as and when we can.

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X