• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Twins are 15 today.

Comment

Quiet day at ClientCo today. Several people are on holiday. And the CC boss has realised, belatedly, that failing to merge numerous branches with the main development branch for months was a mistake.

He's busy trying to get everything back in one piece, which leaves me with very little to do; so I'm reading the history of IBM's OS/2, and occasionally pulling down the latest mishmash and fixing anything it breaks on my machine.

This is fine, as I'm feeling rather tired anyway

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Twins are 15 today.
          Happy birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Happy birthday!
            Not sure I will be buying them beers!

Thx anyway....

Comment

Taking advantage of the Esteemed Customer in the lab buggering off for the day, I've been down into Swansea again to get my legs sort of working.

Only spent £2.98 on dvds this time.

In the Oxfam shoppe.

They used to be £2.99 and £1.99 in there at one time.

This evening (or maybe tomorrow 2299evening) it's off to Tesco to buy a bluray player and a HD tv to play the single solitary bluray disc wot I bought yesterday.

Disappointed that there's no scart connector on the telly though.

It's not a 4k telly by the way.

And it's comparatively little at a mere 32".

I think it's going to sit on top of the present telly just to keep it company, like.
              Last edited by zeitghost; 4 April 2017, 15:29.

Comment

Home!

Excellent run back until the home straight, where I was reminded that there's a do at the football ground tonight. So I turned off and took a twisty route through a mildly dodgy council estate. Saved about five to ten minutes, I reckon, and made it back before six

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Taking advantage of the Esteemed Customer in the lab buggering off for the day, I've been down into Swansea again to get my legs sort of working.

Only spent £2.98 on dvds this time.

In the Oxfam shoppe.

They used to be £2.99 and £1.99 in there at one time.

This evening (or maybe tomorrow 2299evening) it's off to Tesco to buy a bluray player and a HD tv to play the single solitary bluray disc wot I bought yesterday.

Disappointed that there's no scart connector on the telly though.

It's not a 4k telly by the way.

And it's comparatively little at a mere 32".

I think it's going to sit on top of the present telly just to keep it company, like.
                  Either the telly or the Blu-ray player will almost certainly have the Amazon Video app so, if you have Amazon Prime, you'll have access to loads of free stuff

And if you don't have Amazon Prime, there'll still be BBC iPlayer and such on one or both of them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Home!

Excellent run back until the home straight, where I was reminded that there's a do at the football ground tonight. So I turned off and took a twisty route through a mildly dodgy council estate. Saved about five to ten minutes, I reckon, and made it back before six
                    Wot you sayin' 'bout the homestead Bruv?

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Wot you sayin' 'bout the homestead Bruv?

Frankly, she looks a bit too classy for Braunstone Estate

Comment

Working...
                      X