• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided, since it's a nice day & we don't get 'em very often, to give my arse & legs a rest from the continual sitting and wander down town during lunch.

I was a bit cold on the way down, but after the stagger back up again2339 I am distinctly warm.

Especially since the office door was shut, allowing the infernal heat to build up again.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 3 April 2017, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I'll give them a ring once I've eaten my corned beef butties.
      Well, that went very smoothly. The two missing disks should arrive in the next one to three days. They're The Revenant and Independence Day, both of which no doubt benefit from Ultra HD

Actually that's the problem with the current state of the 4K Blu-ray market: most of the available films are utter garbage (or at least garbage that's not to my taste) that happens to have good visuals.

I am tempted by a 4K print of Goodfellas, though that'll be the third time I've bought it; but on the other hand, that's not really eye candy, being driven primarily by plot and character

I remember when CD players were brand new, some friends of mine had a mate who worked in a hi-fi shop and brought the top-notch demo system round theirs for an evening - the shop used to lend it to customers who were thinking of buying a CD player, so it was all really good kit intended for the rich folk out in the county, rather than terraced houses in Spinney Hill. Anyway, we all went round there to have a listen. The shop had also sent almost every CD then available: about seven of them, most of which were the kind of thing none of us would ever normally listen to

Comment

Feck I'm bored
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Feck I'm bored
          Have you read the Monday links yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Have you read the Monday links yet?
            Weird stuff about yeast.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I remember when CD players were brand new, some friends of mine had a mate who worked in a hi-fi shop and brought the top-notch demo system round theirs for an evening - the shop used to lend it to customers who were thinking of buying a CD player, so it was all really good kit intended for the rich folk out in the county, rather than terraced houses in Spinney Hill. Anyway, we all went round there to have a listen. The shop had also sent almost every CD then available: about seven of them, most of which were the kind of thing none of us would ever normally listen to
              Went to buy some bookshelf loudspeakers just after I'd bought the CD player.

Asked the oik in the shop if they had any Pink Floyd, but apparently he'd never heard of them.

To be fair, my DSOTM is a japanese import.

Which cost about £13 IIRC.

When the vinyl was about £5.

And I just had to do some work, since the esteemed customer couldn't get his D2A to work, proper like, despite the simulator program saying that it should be perfect.

Comment

Excellent lunch with MrMarkyMark today.

It would have been a shame not to enjoy the weather overlooking the water.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Excellent lunch with MrMarkyMark today.

It would have been a shame not to enjoy the weather overlooking the water.
                  The sun shining brightly, Ale Pie, Burger and a couple of pints.

Very civilised
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Just got the thing set up and had a look at the first couple of minutes of The Martian, and - I think the move up from 405 lines to whatever ridiculous number UHD is, is definitely a good thing

The HDR colour also seems to add a lot, though it's hard to be sure with a film made on Mars, as I'm not used to the lighting and colouration there

Comment

Well, that went very smoothly. The two missing disks should arrive in the next one to three days. They're The Revenant and Independence Day, both of which no doubt benefit from Ultra HD

Actually that's the problem with the current state of the 4K Blu-ray market: most of the available films are utter garbage (or at least garbage that's not to my taste) that happens to have good visuals.

I am tempted by a 4K print of Goodfellas, though that'll be the third time I've bought it; but on the other hand, that's not really eye candy, being driven primarily by plot and character

Brothers in Arms - played it every day all day in the workshop, still love that CD.

Can't say the same for our LP Neil Diamond's greatest hits

https://www.discogs.com/Neil-Diamond...elease/7156849

Bloomin crackling rosie.

for the Tape we had S&G greatest hits - Hello Darkness my old friend
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X