• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Just finished watching the last Tommy again, quite stirring.
    i'd go more for harrowing, - maybe we should make it compulsory for teenagers to watch

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I enjoyed this so will try spotlight.

The Post (2017) - IMDb
      I watched The Post a few weeks ago and thought it was very good, but I thought Spotlight was even better

Comment

Dinner has been chicken casserole out of the freezer, with croquettes

The latter were also out of the freezer, where they've been taking up much-needed space for ages because they're handy when I can't be bothered to cook, but I don't often feel like eating them for their own sake

Comment

This evening's major motion picture was The Commuter (2018), in which Liam Neeson travels by public transport and, inevitably, becomes embroiled in a complex and violent plot instigated by a shadowy conspiracy. It'd make everybody's life a lot easier if that bloke got himself a car, or stayed at home, or something

Anyway, despite the formulaic premise, it's very good if you're in the mood for that kind of thing

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all last day in weegie land.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              This evening's major motion picture was The Commuter (2018), in which Liam Neeson travels by public transport and, inevitably, becomes embroiled in a complex and violent plot instigated by a shadowy conspiracy. It'd make everybody's life a lot easier if that bloke got himself a car, or stayed at home, or something

Anyway, despite the formulaic premise, it's very good if you're in the mood for that kind of thing

Goodnight all
              It's amazing how frequently that happens.

Glad to see you followed my recommendation & gave "Three Men in a Boat" a miss.

Dark, dank, dreary, windy, & unexpectedly dry.

Yesterday evening's trip home was blessed with such a deluge that I remained on the bus at Neath & only got off it when I was 50 yards from home.

Even then I had to trespass on the next door but one neighbours' property to avoid being drenched by the bus ploughing its way through the minor river flowing downhill from Fairyland Road.

Last evening's epic was "American Made" with Tom Cruise et al, being the story of the way the CIA has fecked up most of middle & south America in their inimitable and incompetent way.

You really couldn't make it up.

Unfortunately it's based on a true story.

American Made (2017) - IMDb

Quite enjoyable in a mad sort of way.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 November 2018, 08:07.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Quite warm today in Manchester.

Although I feel a bit bleurgh....

oh well

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Quite warm today in Manchester.

Although I feel a bit bleurgh....

oh well
                  I would too, if i were in Manchester

Comment

It's not specifically Manchester - although it may not be helping...

It was my birthday yesterday - and on Tuesday night went for a few beers - and still feeling it now.

Getting old sucks (and I am not actually old!)

Comment

The aircon in the lab (blessed as it is with heat recovery and computer control) has gone from its normal freeze your bollocks off mode to boil your bollocks off mode.

With added humidity to make you cough a bit.

This fecking building is evil.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X