• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood test done, and the car is ready - off to collect it now

And the landlord/manager/whatever chap has placed a large bin in the hall, filled from one of the flats that still has water, along with a couple of buckets; so I've been able to refill the toilet cistern

It's going to warm up slightly tomorrow, so here's hoping things thaw then. I'll have no clean clothes at this rate…

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Morning all

Back in Client co. only to find that all but one 30 minute meeting as been cancelled as half the permies haven't turned up.
        Nice pali!

Comment

Car collected, so I can go and do the shopping next. It's all go today

The bitter wind is zooming straight down the Fosse Way and was in my face all the way to get the car. I'm not sure I'll ever feel warm again

Comment

Morning

WFH, but looking at the online status not many turned up at ClientCo today - permies eh?

Been out and shovelled/swept the drive and garden path. That's my exercise for the day

Supposed to be getting one of the cars MOT'd tomorrow but the garage is right out in the sticks so I'll have to wait and see what happens with the weather between now and then. A mate runs the garage so no prob's if I have to postpone, although I'll probably get grief if I do, if only for not fitting the gravel tyres from the rally car to make it over.
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

Water's back!

As I was on the way to the doctor's the manager chap was in the hall dithering over the situation, and I suggested that if some form of heating were to be applied to the pipes, it might be conducted along them enough to thaw the frozen bit. He nodded vaguely and carried on talking about something unrelated, as is usually the case with him. He doesn't take things in straight away; they go in, but then need to lie dormant for a while.

When I was going out to the shops, the idea must have finally surfaced again, as he'd rigged an extension lead from the downstairs front going outside and down into the cellar, to power something to heat the pipes right at the point where they enter the cellar - I'm not sure what, but probably a fan heater or some such. And while I was out, lo! it worked

So I now have a proper water supply again, and will have to do the laundry, the washing up, and anything else I had the perfect excuse to put off

Also, I now have two 5l containers of Sainsbury's spring water. I daresay they'll come in handy for something eventually

Comment

Snowing hard here now.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Snowing hard here now.
                  Serves you right

Comment

The snow seems to be edging past the city a few miles to the west at the moment, but it looks like there's a fair bit of it coming later

Anyway, the washing up has been done, and the first batch of laundry is on. Might as well make the most of the water while it's there

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Snowing hard here now.
                      Getting heavier. I think The Toy might not be going anywhere tomorrow
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X